Anti Magpie pack

Old October 2nd 06, 12:26 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Parbs

Default Anti Magpie pack

http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.ph.../34705/cat/851

Parbs
Old October 2nd 06, 01:41 PM posted to aus.bicycle
asterope

Parbs Wrote:
http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.ph.../34705/cat/851

Parbs

thats a bloody good idea that one! keeps avian bombers away, and gives
evil motorists greasies.
seriously, crumpler make the best bags in the whole universe...

--
asterope

hi! asterope from Brisbane, Australia here.

loving the 2 wheeled lifestyle!

Old October 3rd 06, 03:41 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Duracell Bunny

asterope wrote:
Parbs Wrote:
http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.ph.../34705/cat/851

Parbs

thats a bloody good idea that one! keeps avian bombers away, and gives
evil motorists greasies.
seriously, crumpler make the best bags in the whole universe...

Must try that, I was attacked three times yesterday by the fine feathered
peckers. Once just by the shooting range at Belmont (behind the firing line,
sadly), again at Stones Corner, and lastly on the north side of Story Bridge,
just by the Fire station. No damage, but persistent attacks from two of the
little charmers.

--
Karen Gallagher

"Reverse the polarity and invert the particle flux!"
"You mean put the batteries in the other way?"
"...yes."
-Star Trek (any of them)
Old October 3rd 06, 05:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle
adam85

Duracell Bunny Wrote:
asterope wrote:
Parbs Wrote:
[...]

how about this one I saw on another forum (last pic on the page)?

http://tinyurl.com/ef4sz

Adam

--
adam85

Old October 3rd 06, 07:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle
neon

I didn't think it will work. I try stick-on-eyes on the helmet and
backward sunnies, didn't work. Magpies are very smart. They know where
your eyes are.

--
neon

Old October 3rd 06, 04:13 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Vincent Patrick

neon wrote:

I didn't think it will work. I try stick-on-eyes on the helmet and
backward sunnies, didn't work. Magpies are very smart. They know where
your eyes are.

Yeah, magpies are smart and they have good memories. But I am sure they have
a George Bush type morality: labelling people as good-guys or bad-guys. If
you're a regular visitor near a nest, being a 'good-guy' can stop the
aggro.

There was a time many years ago when I used to be dive-bombed while riding
my motorbike up to a shed in my back yard, but this stopped when I started
to throw the magpie some small meat scraps.

Our house is now near a park and we have several magpies nesting. Every
couple of weeks for the last 1-2 months I whistle, then offer them a few
small meat scraps. Now I only have to whistle and the boldest magpie does a
rapid kamakaze-style swoop down to knee level and lands a couple of metres
away, waiting. Once he is busily "killing" a meat scrap, two or three
others come and join in.

Perhaps coincidentally, I have no magpie problems while riding my bike near
the park.

Cheers,

Vince

Vegetarian magpies might like tofu, but they are too busy contemplating
Buddhist philosophy to attack people.

Old October 4th 06, 11:40 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Enno Middelberg

Parbs wrote:
http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.ph.../34705/cat/851

Parbs

That won't help you - Magpies sense your direction of motion to figure
out how to attack from "behind", they don't know where your face is
(tried it: walk backwards and the Magpie will attack nevertheless, but
will then fly directly in your face :-)

Cute design, though :-)

Enno

--
Replace "invalid" with "au" for PM replies
Old October 5th 06, 12:22 AM posted to aus.bicycle
neon

Vincent Patrick Wrote:
But I am sure they have
a George Bush type morality: labelling people as good-guys or bad-guys.

Magpies are the real evil doers.

--
neon

Old October 5th 06, 10:35 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Sam

Enno Middelberg wrote:
Parbs wrote:

http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.ph.../34705/cat/851

Parbs

That won't help you - Magpies sense your direction of motion to figure
out how to attack from "behind", they don't know where your face is
(tried it: walk backwards and the Magpie will attack nevertheless, but
will then fly directly in your face :-)

Cute design, though :-)

Enno

Magpies also know the people within there area and don't attack those
people. But still attack others.

Anti sieze on KH onza cranks Fuego Unicycling 6 May 28th 06 11:56 PM
Followup to recent hydration pack posting Kovie Techniques 2 August 21st 05 04:57 AM
Anti French [email protected] Racing 32 July 7th 05 03:29 PM
Hydration pack for road cycling Kovie Techniques 78 June 30th 05 08:36 PM
I finally beat the Magpie just us Australia 26 December 6th 04 01:16 AM