Coaster brake - opinions?

Old March 13th 07, 09:40 PM posted to aus.bicycle
hippy[_14_]

Default Coaster brake - opinions?

Adam F Wrote:

Oh my...an unexpected treat logging on tonight

It's funny, all I can remember of coaster brakes is doing the most
beautiful long slides on dirt with my BMX. Then again, at age 10 you
don't have as far to fall, you heal faster and - crucially - you have
lot less weight to stop.

Ahhh.. I remember going to Melbourne (Boronia tbp) and having not only
HILLS to ride down but bmx bikes with coaster brakes and fresh tyres!
It took me two goes to pop a brand new blue tyre!
The skids were massive and so were the parent's anger levels!!
There was a dual-lane highway at the bottom of that hill too.. hmm.. I
need to try harder..

hippy

--
hippy