Dicing with death - warning on cyclists

Old March 5th 07, 06:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

Default Dicing with death - warning on cyclists

On 2007-03-05, DaveB (aka Bruce)
Zebee Johnstone wrote:
Drivers swear at trucks but cope because a slow truck is too big to
get round. They get progressively more angry at being held up the
smaller the offending vehicle is...

I don't think that's it. I think it's more a "might is right" attitude.
They see a big truck capable of pushing them off the road and think
twice about any actions that might anger the driver. In 15 years on the
motorbike I've only been abused by two drivers, for what i would assume
is the same reason - fear of the consequences. So it's not the smaller
the vehicle, it's the less intimidating the vehicle and operator package.

Obviously we need to find more intimidating lycra. Would pink do?

--
TimC
Skywalker You are either with me, or you are my enemy.
Old March 5th 07, 08:17 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Mon, 5 Mar 2007 17:43:02 +1100
TimC wrote:

Obviously we need to find more intimidating lycra. Would pink do?

white. low cut. IN attempting to avoid the sight they will spear
off the road into a power pole. Problem solved.

Zebee
Old March 5th 07, 09:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Travis

TimC wrote:

Obviously we need to find more intimidating lycra. Would pink do?

white. low cut. IN attempting to avoid the sight they will spear
off the road into a power pole. Problem solved.

Zebee

How about fluoro yellow? http://www.borat.tv/pictures2.html

Travis

Old March 5th 07, 09:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB

TimC wrote:
Obviously we need to find more intimidating lycra. Would pink do?

white. low cut. IN attempting to avoid the sight they will spear
off the road into a power pole. Problem solved.

Zebee

Tim those old knicks of yours would do the trick. I'm sure a few of us
on the BR deliberately speared off into power poles.

DaveB
Old March 5th 07, 11:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Dave

On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 20:43:59 +1100, DaveB wrote:

Tim those old knicks of yours would do the trick. I'm sure a few of us
on the BR deliberately speared off into power poles.

Didn't Tim try to assist by spearing off into roundabouts, power poles,
smooth bits of road...

Not that I can talk, managing to find the crash barrier on a straight bit
of Bobbin Head the other day. NFI what happened to set it up, but managed
to fall to the road side, not down the cliff. Huzzah! Ouch.

--
Dave Hughes |
"Two of my imaginary friends reproduced once ... with negative results."
Old March 13th 07, 11:19 PM posted to aus.bicycle
hippy[_24_]

petulance Wrote:
On Mar 4, 10:09 pm, gplama gplama.2mx...@no-
http://tinyurl.com/38vzko

pffft ... surely such behaviour is commonplace in Europe (i.e.
Amsterdam)?

Yeah. Also, the cars are stopped so what's the issue?
She could be doing no-handed backwards circles while texting her coffee
order through and still make it across the road with not a single
issue.
Also, the passenger in the red car has no seat-belt on.

hippy

--
hippy

Old March 14th 07, 12:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On Mar 14, 9:19 am, hippy hippy.2ne...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
petulance Wrote:

On Mar 4, 10:09 pm, gplama gplama.2mx...@no-
http://tinyurl.com/38vzko

pffft ... surely such behaviour is commonplace in Europe (i.e.
Amsterdam)?

Yeah. Also, the cars are stopped so what's the issue?
She could be doing no-handed backwards circles while texting her coffee
order through and still make it across the road with not a single
issue.
Also, the passenger in the red car has no seat-belt on.

hippy

--
hippy

It couldn't be Brisbane - the cars are all stopped behind the line.
It's a special type of stupid up here.

Donga