Latest addition

Old March 14th 07, 12:40 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Joel Mayes

Default Latest addition

On 2007-03-14, cfsmtb wrote:

Joel Mayes Wrote:

The Bike shed at CERES has almost a dozen of them at the moments,
without the front baskets, but with the frame attachments and a couple
of shelving brackets you could know something up bigger and lighter in
couple of minutes.

We're looking at aprox $100 each

Decisions, decisions, just got a excellent offer for much required
computer hardware for $100 ... now there's this postie bike frame for
$100 ... but the computer hardware will enable me to earn more $,
therefore will be able to buy more bike stuff... Ah hell, can you hold
onto a frame for about a fortnight or do you require a deposit? Are
they flying out like hotcakes or not?

BTW - heard about CERES scoring an amazing benefactor in Saturday Age?
Wow!

Well they've been hanging around for a month now, I doubt they'll all
sell over night :-) (and if they do I've got a second frame postie bike
in the shed which I could maybe be talked around to getting rid of
(I've been trying to talk my partner into riding it when we go shopping,
which hasn't worked, mainly I think 'cause I made the mistake of
rebuilding her touring bike recently and she's not into riding anything
else ATM))

Cheers

Joel
Old March 14th 07, 09:11 PM posted to aus.bicycle
hippy[_26_]

cfsmtb Wrote:
Decisions, decisions, just got a excellent offer for much required
computer hardware for $100 ... now there's this postie bike frame for
$100 ...

What hardware are you after?

hippy

--
hippy

Old March 14th 07, 11:25 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Harng Goh

Snuffy wrote:
Harng Goh Wrote:
If I ever get sick of it, you can have first dibs on it.

Oi! You're forgetting the guy who
1) pointed you to the ebay ad
2) got his hands dirty on the bike
3) tested the strength of your JB Weld with a few trackstands...

Didn't think you wanted it. OK, you can have first dibs on it then.

Does anyone have any ideas for a basket for the front? It has brackets
attached to the head tube for the basket. I was thinking I could just
bolt on any strong wire basket (like the ones that supermarkets used
to have before most changed to plastic) but I can't for the life of me
think of where to find one of those (except at the supermarket).

Old March 15th 07, 12:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_59_]

hippy Wrote:
What hardware are you after?

The new display monitor, just got a excellent offer I can't refuse.
Saves my eyes too.

--
cfsmtb