Best utility bike wheel size?

Old March 20th 07, 02:41 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Rory Williams[_2_]

Default Best utility bike wheel size?

A few weeks ago I snared a nexus 7 speed hub on ebay. Now I'm wondering
what wheel / bike to build it up into. I'm thinking of a round the
shops utility bike for the family in general in the flat middle
south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne

Options are for it to go:

As a 700c into an upgraded 70's Raleigh Ladies bike used by my better
half - I have already brazed cantilever bosses onto this one and
upgraded the fork. currently running a 7 speed deralier system

As a 26" into a older MTB frame all I have is the fram and lots of
bits

As a 451x18mm into one of my Raleigh 20s I have a folder and a rigid
one. I have two frames and one set of wheels steel rims on a 3 speed
Sturmey Archer

All thoughts would be appreciated

RoryW

--
Rory Williams

Old March 20th 07, 03:11 AM posted to aus.bicycle
crb

As a 451x18mm into one of my Raleigh 20s I have a folder and a rigid
one. I have two frames and one set of wheels steel rims on a 3 speed
Sturmey Archer

If it was me, I would build the 26" as a commuter.

If you decide to build the 20" and are looking for good alloy wheels
etc, I have a foldie with a bent front end that has nearly all its
parts available.

Craig.

A good utility bike Tom or Mary General 2 August 13th 05 12:03 AM
Recommended utility tool for road bike? jes.sandiegoca General 30 March 10th 05 06:18 PM
Recommended utility tool for road bike? jes.sandiegoca Techniques 4 March 4th 05 05:28 PM
wheel size Jon_H Techniques 6 October 4th 04 04:22 AM
Utility bike advice please zaphod UK 3 June 24th 04 09:02 PM