I saw a bent

Old March 20th 07, 02:19 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

Default I saw a bent

In aus.bicycle on 19 Mar 2007 18:03:43 -0700
Bleve wrote:
The thing is sub 20kg, which is nice, yes. The one we raced a couple
of years ago was 32kg ...

Hell, my bike's only 32lb. didn't realise the 3rd wheel doubled
the weight.

Zebee

Old March 20th 07, 02:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

Bleve wrote:
The thing is sub 20kg, which is nice, yes. The one we raced a couple
of years ago was 32kg ...

Hell, my bike's only 32lb. didn't realise the 3rd wheel doubled
the weight.

yours doesn't have a rollcage or an aero fairing or intrusion
protection. These are for HPV races, they have pretty tough safety/
collision requirements.

Old March 20th 07, 02:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

Bleve wrote:
The thing is sub 20kg, which is nice, yes. The one we raced a couple
of years ago was 32kg ...

Hell, my bike's only 32lb. didn't realise the 3rd wheel doubled
the weight.

yours doesn't have a rollcage or an aero fairing or intrusion
protection. These are for HPV races, they have pretty tough safety/
collision requirements.

yes, that would add bits. I suppose if you are in a faired trike you
would be a bit more of a sitting duck to someone else's buzzsaw....

Zebee

Old March 20th 07, 06:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle
just us

I just looked on the net and I do believe what I saw was a cruzbike.
Kathy

Old March 20th 07, 07:53 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Tue, 20 Mar 2007 16:55:02 +1000
just us wrote:
I just looked on the net and I do believe what I saw was a cruzbike.

There's a kit for them

You get one of those Y-shaped mountain bike whatsits and Cruzbike
supply some bits, you take the Y shaped bike apart and re-combine the
bits into a new format, giving you a suspended front wheel drive bike.

I keep thinking.... "can get a Y bike for $100 at theft converters or
even kmart, wonder what it would be like to ride...."

Zebee
Old March 20th 07, 08:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2007-03-20, Bleve (aka Bruce)

Bleve wrote:
The thing is sub 20kg, which is nice, yes. The one we raced a couple
of years ago was 32kg ...

Hell, my bike's only 32lb. didn't realise the 3rd wheel doubled
the weight.

yours doesn't have a rollcage or an aero fairing or intrusion
protection. These are for HPV races, they have pretty tough safety/
collision requirements.

You know how dangerous buzz-saws can get.

--
TimC
That [Tim-Tam] would be the Classic. Not to be confused with the

Cruzbike - To bent or not to bent... Zebee Johnstone Australia 17 July 27th 06 09:57 AM
Jon's bent is bent. Jon Senior UK 16 July 8th 04 10:05 AM
Black Bent Down: Worst Experience on a Bent This Year jim h Recumbent Biking 14 November 30th 03 10:58 PM
Bent 'bent pictures Just zis Guy, you know? UK 12 July 31st 03 11:23 AM
Bent 'bent update Just zis Guy, you know? UK 2 July 19th 03 07:36 PM