Coroner lashes cyclists

Old March 30th 07, 02:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_91_]

Default Coroner lashes cyclists

gravelmuncher Wrote:
Geez - some of us need to be a little more careful with the use of words
like "deliberately", and others need a few lessons in CONTEXT. The fact
here is, a poor old bugger was cut down in a place where he should have
been safe, and not by one of the deadly objects that so often cut US
down - but indeed by one of US. Had this been a rider felled by a car
we'd all be angry and upset, and rightly so - yet here we are getting
angry and upset over the context and/or opinions of safe riding speeds
in bunches !

IMO, a pedestrian felled by an aggressive entity of cyclist is NO
DIFFERENT to a cyclist felled by an aggressive entity of motorist. And
NO DIFFERENT is the fact that, like some drivers, some of US need to
take a good, hard look at the way we operate our machinery.

What gm said. The only difference comes when comparing statistics of
crash types, but that's probably sweet FA comfort to Mr Goulds family
and friends. Aggressive cockhead culture unfortunately exists
everywhere, be it peds, motorists, cyclists, office pods, waiting on
train platforms blahblahblah. Sadly it's only when there's a clusterfk
such as this, is when prevailing bad behaviour gets examined.

--
cfsmtb

Old March 30th 07, 03:13 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc

Plodder wrote:

This tells me that thr bunch was broken anyway; obviously he had time to
walk onto and part way across the crossing and thus the cyclist who
deliberately struck him was in a group trying to catch up to the bunch

Deliberately? You mean William Raisin-Shaw meant to hit Mr Gould?

Well, his testiment really makes it clear that he made a choice. Other
riders had stopped. clearly from his testament he decided the
deliberately run into the pedestrian rather than other cyclists.

Decisions, decisions. It certainly was not an accident (unavoidable)
Old March 30th 07, 03:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc

gravelmuncher wrote:

IMO, a pedestrian felled by an aggressive entity of cyclist is NO
DIFFERENT to a cyclist felled by an aggressive entity of motorist. And
NO DIFFERENT is the fact that, like some drivers, some of US need to
take a good, hard look at the way we operate our machinery.

well spoken.

is eating gravel any better than punching down with your knee ?
Old March 30th 07, 05:53 AM posted to aus.bicycle
kudeta[_4_]

Terryc Wrote:
gravelmuncher wrote:

IMO, a pedestrian felled by an aggressive entity of cyclist is NO
DIFFERENT to a cyclist felled by an aggressive entity of motorist.

And
NO DIFFERENT is the fact that, like some drivers, some of US need to
take a good, hard look at the way we operate our machinery.

well spoken.

is eating gravel any better than punching down with your knee ?

Would it be possible for everyone posting in and reading this forum to
make a promise to themselves not to run a red light at any cost, be it
in a bunch ride, commuting to work or especially whilst driving their
car. I for one have lost contact with many bunch rides due to stopping
at Reds, much to the scorn of some riders behind me, but I know that I
am not breaking the law and hopefully avoiding a potential accident.
God only knows what might be crossing the lights in the other direction

--
kudeta

Old March 30th 07, 06:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On Mar 30, 2:53 pm, kudeta kudeta.2o8...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:

Would it be possible for everyone posting in and reading this forum to
make a promise to themselves not to run a red light at any cost, be it
in a bunch ride, commuting to work or especially whilst driving their
car. I for one have lost contact with many bunch rides due to stopping
at Reds, much to the scorn of some riders behind me, but I know that I
am not breaking the law and hopefully avoiding a potential accident.
God only knows what might be crossing the lights in the other direction

I promise - except the lights that don't appear to be working, or are
set to ignore bikes, and then only after stopping to be sure it is
clear.

Donga

Old March 30th 07, 08:54 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Steve B.

kudeta said:

Terryc Wrote:
gravelmuncher wrote:

[...]

Okay, I promise.

Steve = : ^ )

Where are all our cyclists? bicycle_disciple Techniques 14 October 8th 06 05:47 AM
bad name for cyclists bugbear UK 30 May 28th 06 06:33 PM
Do cyclists' dogs chase cyclists? Gooserider General 14 May 9th 06 01:22 PM
Coroner says: 4WD licence!! Absent Husband Australia 74 May 23rd 05 12:03 AM
Coroner seeks bike helmets redesign cfsmtb Australia 12 May 15th 04 05:19 PM