Personal cameras

Old April 22nd 07, 09:20 AM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz[_22_]

Default Personal cameras

A while ago someone posted some links up here to good cameras that could
be mounted to a helmet or handle bar..... any body have a link or
reference to anything like that ??

--
MikeyOz

Old April 22nd 07, 12:37 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Shane Stanley

In article ,
MikeyOz wrote:

A while ago someone posted some links up here to good cameras that could
be mounted to a helmet or handle bar..... any body have a link or
reference to anything like that ??

This looks the bees' knees:
http://www.oregonscientific.com.au/product.asp?c=6&s=27&p=562

--
Shane Stanley
Old April 22nd 07, 01:16 PM posted to aus.bicycle
SomeGuy[_38_]

MikeyOz Wrote:
A while ago someone posted some links up here to good cameras that could
be mounted to a helmet or handle bar..... any body have a link or
reference to anything like that ??

As long as you don't want high quality video the oregon scientific is
the way to go. One of the camera shops in the melbourne CBD has it for
$180 too. If you want good video quality, you have to spend much more.

--
SomeGuy

Old April 23rd 07, 12:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle
rooman[_75_]

SomeGuy Wrote:
As long as you don't want high quality video the oregon scientific is
the way to go. One of the camera shops in the melbourne CBD has it for
$180 too. If you want good video quality, you have to spend much more.

here's the thread

Officers fitted with Camera Hats" :-

http://www.cyclingforums.com/t379877.html

--
rooman

Old April 23rd 07, 02:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz[_26_]

rooman Wrote:
here's the thread

Officers fitted with Camera Hats" :-

http://www.cyclingforums.com/t379877.html

Cool.. thanks for that! With the oregon one does anybody have one, has
anybody used and have samples of the video, it does not have to be
sensational resolution just good enough to obviously see what is
happening on a ride. I think the Oregon one might be the go, but the
Viso sport does look good and the digital camcorder I have could fit in
my Camelbak.

thanks for the links.

--
MikeyOz

Old April 23rd 07, 02:06 AM posted to aus.bicycle
SomeGuy[_39_]

MikeyOz Wrote:
Cool.. thanks for that! With the oregon one does anybody have one, has
anybody used and have samples of the video, it does not have to be
sensational resolution just good enough to obviously see what is
happening on a ride. I think the Oregon one might be the go, but the
Viso sport does look good and the digital camcorder I have could fit in
my Camelbak.

thanks for the links.

There are several samples floating around, try google or youtube. It's
good enough to see what is happening in most conditions, it just doesn't
always look pretty.

--
SomeGuy

Old April 23rd 07, 02:26 AM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz[_28_]

SomeGuy Wrote:
There are several samples floating around, try google or youtube. It's
good enough to see what is happening in most conditions, it just
doesn't always look pretty.

Cool.... found them... yep looks like it should be good enough and its
great that you can store it all on a SD card as well, without having to
use the camcorder.

--
MikeyOz

Old April 23rd 07, 07:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle
crb

A while ago someone posted some links up here to good cameras that could be mounted to a helmet or handle bar..... any body have a link or reference to anything like that ??

See the Bicycle Victoris forum discussion on this topic.

http://www.bv.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4563

Old April 24th 07, 01:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz[_35_]

crb Wrote:
See the Bicycle Victoris forum discussion on this topic.
http://www.bv.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4563

Geesh I just rode some of the posts about the guy in the shop in
Brighton... not sure I am going to venture down there, he sounds nasty!
But then he probably gets hassled alot by cops/idiots wanting to spy on
people a lot.

Think I might just go with the Oregon Scientific... looks pretty good.

--
MikeyOz

cameras & videos musketman Unicycling 10 February 5th 06 01:52 AM
Cameras darchibald Unicycling 7 April 27th 04 07:10 PM
Speed Cameras - Here We Go Again Robert Bruce UK 10 December 5th 03 04:54 PM