Vent your spleen - and win!

Old April 24th 07, 03:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_140_]

Default Vent your spleen - and win!

Online poll from Cars Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/2hl47p

Victim of Road Rage" "Have You Ever Felt Intimidated By A Taxi Driver"

Ok, you get the drift. There's three bottles of plonk, er *Grange* as
incentives in this poll. As we all know, red wine has a calming,
soothing effect on jangled nerves at the end of a hard working day.
What about a level playing field for non-drinkers or beer folk?

Anyway, given the known low standards of online polls, this one is
comprehensive by comparison to the bog standard news limited
selections. Took me about 10 minutes, although I'm one of these people
who like to fill things out (ie: votes above the line on the senate
paper)

--
cfsmtb

Old April 24th 07, 03:53 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_84_]

cfsmtb Wrote:

Ok, you get the drift. There's three bottles of plonk, er *Grange* as
incentives in this poll. As we all know, red wine has a calming,
soothing effect on jangled nerves at the end of a hard working day.
What about a level playing field for non-drinkers or beer folk?

Alcohol prizes from a "motoring" body!?? I guess it appeals to the
majority....

I eagerly await the CarsGuide anti-abortion questionnaire.... Free coat
hangers for everyone who fills it in!

--
gplama

Old April 24th 07, 03:54 AM posted to aus.bicycle
PiledHigher[_2_]

On Apr 24, 12:33 pm, cfsmtb cfsmtb.2pi...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Online poll from Cars Guide:http://tinyurl.com/2hl47p

Victim of Road Rage" "Have You Ever Felt Intimidated By A Taxi Driver"

Ok, you get the drift. There's three bottles of plonk, er *Grange* as
incentives in this poll. As we all know, red wine has a calming,
soothing effect on jangled nerves at the end of a hard working day.
What about a level playing field for non-drinkers or beer folk?

Anyway, given the known low standards of online polls, this one is
comprehensive by comparison to the bog standard news limited
selections. Took me about 10 minutes, although I'm one of these people
who like to fill things out (ie: votes above the line on the senate
paper)

--
cfsmtb

WTF late in the survey sexual activity in a car?

These results are so going to be used in skewed ways.

Old April 24th 07, 04:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle
rooman[_83_]

PiledHigher Wrote:
[...]

ha hah!...knee tremblers in the back seat or Submarine Races at
Inspiration Point ...woohoo...

not sure how it fits in with road rage as the kiss and make up doesnt
really cut it with other road users unless it was love at first abusive
action-reaction...

however....it was interesting to see that little query and obviously
got a YES, not a "dont wish to answer" from everyone ...right!...

--
rooman

Old April 24th 07, 04:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_142_]

rooman Wrote:

however....it was interesting to see that little query and obviously
got a YES, not a "dont wish to answer" from everyone ...right!...

Bwhahahaha, intriguing question though. Maybe the poll researchers are
trying a dodgy cue to investigate the nooky and violence angle?

--
cfsmtb

Old April 24th 07, 05:10 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter

PiledHigher wrote:

WTF late in the survey sexual activity in a car?

These results are so going to be used in skewed ways.

Yes, totally inappropriate. There was no mention of sexual activity on a
bicycle.
Old April 24th 07, 05:10 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter

cfsmtb wrote:

Ok, you get the drift. There's three bottles of plonk, er *Grange* as
incentives in this poll. As we all know, red wine has a calming,
soothing effect on jangled nerves at the end of a hard working day.
What about a level playing field for non-drinkers or beer folk?

Simple, send me the three bottles and I'll send you three cartons of
XXXX in exchange.
Old April 24th 07, 07:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle
treadly&me[_4_]

Peter Wrote:
cfsmtb wrote:

Ok, you get the drift. There's three bottles of plonk, er *Grange*

as
incentives in this poll. As we all know, red wine has a calming,
soothing effect on jangled nerves at the end of a hard working day.
What about a level playing field for non-drinkers or beer folk?

Simple, send me the three bottles and I'll send you three cartons of
XXXX in exchange.

XXXX is *NOT *beer!

--
treadly&me

Old April 24th 07, 07:53 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:10:09 +1000
Peter wrote:
PiledHigher wrote:

WTF late in the survey sexual activity in a car?

These results are so going to be used in skewed ways.

Yes, totally inappropriate. There was no mention of sexual activity on a
bicycle.

Having the seat at the wrong angle doesn't count.

Zebee
Old April 24th 07, 08:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On Apr 24, 4:00 pm, treadly&me treadlyampme.2pj...@no-
Peter Wrote:

cfsmtb wrote:

Ok, you get the drift. There's three bottles of plonk, er *Grange*

as
incentives in this poll. As we all know, red wine has a calming,
soothing effect on jangled nerves at the end of a hard working day.
What about a level playing field for non-drinkers or beer folk?

Simple, send me the three bottles and I'll send you three cartons of
XXXX in exchange.

XXXX is *NOT *beer!

--
treadly&me

Hey, fuggoff, just because you can spell, bloody snob!

Welsh Cyclist blows a spleen. Jock Australia 1 February 19th 05 11:20 AM
Ruptured My Spleen tugboat Unicycling 19 December 3rd 04 07:18 AM
Warning - Explicit Spleen Venting Succorso UK 3 July 2nd 04 02:59 PM