Stop NY's Anti-Bicycling Bill

Old November 19th 04, 04:30 AM
meb

Default Stop NY's Anti-Bicycling Bill

GaryG Wrote:
"Bill Baka" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 23:14:38 -0800, GaryG
wrote:

"Bill Baka" wrote in message
news On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:37:40 -0500, Ronsonic unknown wrote:

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:33:53 -0800, Bill Baka
wrote:

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:57:34 -0500, Matt O'Toole

wrote:

Bill Baka wrote:

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:14:30 GMT, Chris Phillipo
wrote:

Apparently terrorst bombers don't register their bikes and
therefore
will be easy to spot.

How about a bike stuffed with C4 rigged to go off when placed

in a
police car?

Funny, I had a sticker awhile back that said "this bike is a

pipe
bomb"
-- which
was the name of a band I saw several years ago, at Al's Bar in

LA.
had it on
my mountain bike for awhile, but took it off awhile ago --

just to
be
safe!

Matt O.

I keep spare money, $100 bills, rolled up and about 5 each in

piece
of
1/2" pipe threaded with caps on both ends. Each of these is a

$500
stash.
I don't even remember where I tossed some of them, but I do

take a
few
tossed in my car on trips, just in case. If a cop ever pulled

me
over
and
demanded to see my trunk would they blow up my car?
This country is getting stranger by the day.

You carry your money in pipes and you think it's the rest of

the
country
that's
gone weird?!?!

Ron

My wife and I came up with it one day while fishing and having too

many
beers
and initially thought it would be a good way to stash some money

that
would
be waterproof. It just became a handy way to roll up $100 bills 5

at a
time
and stash them in pipes. Frustrated inventor, that's all.

--
Bill (not always politically correct) Baka

LOL - yeah, that does sound like one of those "hold my beer (or

bong)
and
watch this" ideas.

The fact that you actually followed through on it gives you extra

"Odd
Duck"
points. Not sure what kind of crowd you hang out with, but that's

some
seriously weird sh*t.

GG

My crowd is non engineers who like to invent silly things. Not

seriously
weird unless I start padding my matress with it. Besides, I know

where I
put it in case of fire. I hate having to go to the bank and then get
charged for getting my own money.

--
Bill (not always politically correct) Baka

Hmmmm....you must hang with a very odd crowd.

FWIW, I can think of many adjectives for a pipe bomb piggy bank, but
"silly"
is not one of them.

GG

Sounds like effective would be one though-who wants to open up a pipe
bomb?

--
meb