Any Articles On Lance Armstrongs 2005 Bike ?

Old February 21st 05, 11:25 AM
Bugsy

Jason Spaceman wrote:
On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 05:39:53 -0500, Bugsy wrote:

Will he be using the Madone again or something new ?

I heard that bikes have to be at least a minimum weight is that correct ?

Seems a shame to force bikes to be a minimum weight ! Why not let
technology dictate the lightest bike possible, seems like a no-brainer
to me !!

Cordially

Not Armstrong's bike, but probably more or less the same. It's
Michael Barry's Madone --
http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/2005...discovery_trek

J. Spaceman

Strange that no articles on Lance new bike are out, perhaps it is top
secret ?!
Old February 21st 05, 11:25 AM
Antti Salonen

Tom Kunich wrote:

Could you please point me to a steel frame that comes in within a pound of
the UCI limits?

There is no weight limit for frames. If you buy the lightest, most
expensive carbon fibre parts you can easily build a 6-kilogram bike. If
you then replace the frame with a light steel frame (Dedacciai EOM 16.5
tubing or similar, less than 1500 grams), you're still well below the
UCI limit.

The UCI weight limit is not much of a challenge these days. My new bike
is only about 300 grams above it and it has a fairly heavy carbon fibre
frame, traditional spoked wheels and just a mix of Record and Chorus.

-as
Old February 22nd 05, 10:11 AM
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Bugsy wrote:

Jason Spaceman wrote:
On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 05:39:53 -0500, Bugsy wrote:

Will he be using the Madone again or something new ?

I heard that bikes have to be at least a minimum weight is that correct ?

Seems a shame to force bikes to be a minimum weight ! Why not let
technology dictate the lightest bike possible, seems like a no-brainer
to me !!

Cordially

Not Armstrong's bike, but probably more or less the same. It's
Michael Barry's Madone --
http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/2005...discovery_trek

J. Spaceman

Strange that no articles on Lance new bike are out, perhaps it is top
secret ?!

I haven't heard any news that Trek is producing new frames this year, so
I suspect it will be much the same line-up as last year: a Madone, a TT
machine, and maybe one or two SuperLights for the uphill bits. Plus, of
course, the track bike.

--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.wiredcola.com
Verus de parvis; verus de magnis.