"The Dancing Chain", by Frank J. Berto

Old February 18th 05, 08:36 PM

Default "The Dancing Chain", by Frank J. Berto

Just received my copy of "The Dancing Chain" (2nd edition), by Frank
Berto.

"The Dancing Chain" is the story of the modern bicycle and the gadget
that makes it tick: the derailleur.

Available from Amazon.com for $34.62, which includes free super-saver
shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...5414/veluninc/

Highly recommended!

Old February 21st 05, 04:56 PM
Sheldon Brown

Donald Munro wrote:

wrote:

"The Dancing Chain" is the story of the modern bicycle and the gadget
that makes it tick: the derailleur.

Don't try telling that to the trackies.

Right, the gadget that makes it "tick" is the freewheel, not the
"derailleur," unless the derailer is misadjusted.

http://sheldonbrown.com/derailer

Sheldon "Literalist" Brown
| The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the |
| unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world |
| to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the |
| unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw |
Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041
http://harriscyclery.com
Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide

Old February 22nd 05, 02:58 PM
gym gravity

Sheldon Brown wrote:

http://sheldonbrown.com/derailer

I followed the link on that ^^^^^ page to the derailer adjustment page,
where you need to update the proper spelling of the French word, when
you get a chance.
Old February 22nd 05, 04:29 PM
Sheldon Brown

gym gravity wrote:
Sheldon Brown wrote:

http://sheldonbrown.com/derailer

I followed the link on that ^^^^^ page to the derailer adjustment page,
where you need to update the proper spelling of the French word, when
you get a chance.

I've fixed it, thanks.

While spelling/typo corrections to _postings_ are the lowest form of
usnet "noise", corrections to _Web_ pages (at least to _my_ Web pages)
are always most welcome.

However, it is better to send these corrections in the form of a private
email, rather than crossposting on three Usenet groups in hope that I'll
see it.

Sheldon "Instant Update" Brown
| Occident, n.: The part of the world lying west (or east) |
| of the Orient... whose principal industries are...cheating, |
| which they are pleased to call..."commerce." These, also, |
| are the principal industries of the Orient. |
| -- Ambrose Bierce, 'The Devil's Dictionary' |

Old February 22nd 05, 05:24 PM

and a noted naval architect.
bierce is required reading,
and george washington's journal!