So how was your Ride To Work Day?

Old October 11th 04, 03:27 AM
coowoowoo

Default So how was your Ride To Work Day?

Started off at the usual time 6.45 and zipped in to arrive at 7.00am. N
queue's, Yay, and loads of food and coffee to be had. I met another
people from work who acted as bag watchers whilst i partook in the eve
delightful free massage. I even managed to get a foot rub. Does it ge
any better?
It was like peak hour for cyclists along st kilda road and it was nic
to see for a chagne. Safety in numbers and a beautiful morning to ad
incentive for some to get out and try commuting. The only down side wa
the fight for a spot in the bike shed and a wait for the shower at work

Bring it on again i say

--
coowoowoo

Old October 13th 04, 03:38 PM
DRS

"fred_nieman" wrote in message

[...]

very smll voice
I suggest that DRS should reply:
"it's because you're stoopid, Fred Nieman!"
/very small voice

-- fred_kneeman has gone back into his box --

Fred, I'd rather you just put your computer's date back a day - to today.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old October 14th 04, 02:48 PM
fred_nieman

Default Battleship Potemkin

DRS wrote:
"fred_nieman" wrote in message

[...]

very smll voice
I suggest that DRS should reply:
"it's because you're stoopid, Fred Nieman!"
/very small voice

-- fred_kneeman has gone back into his box --

Fred, I'd rather you just put your computer's date back a day - to today.

But tomorrow's time was fun... all the traffic, sounds, TV was going
backwards and I had six fingers on each hand...

I think I've fixed it now.

ps: forget Citizen Cane, Shichinin no Samurai, and Eisenstein's Odessa
Steps - Back to the Future part 2 - greatest movie ever...
Old October 14th 04, 03:34 PM
fred_nieman

Malcolm Butler wrote:

"DRS" writes:

No, it isn't. Your post's header show the time as 3:50PM, which is not even
close, given you're replying to a post I made at 9:20PM.

The headers in Fred Nieman's post show:

From: fred_nieman
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 22:50:14 -0700

In DRS's post:

From: "DRS"
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 21:20:36 +1000

It looks to me like Fred's timezone setting is wrong.

22:50 in GMT-07 is 3:50PM the following day in this timezone (GMT+10),
which I assume is what DRS's newsreader is showing him.

This still puts it half an hour before the post it followed up,
though. Maybe Fred's computer thinks it has daylight saving as well.

Malcolm

Ok, smarty-pants - yes, I mean YOU, DRS - there's only been 2 (and from
*you*), not 3, posts telling me that my timestamp is outa whack, and ...

Oops...

I mean 5, and only 2 of them where from you, and...

OK, so if you're so smart, tell me how I managed to set my box to
Tijuana time without noticing it!

Maybe it's because... I'm... stoopid!

Oops^infinity+1...