Cycling will get bigger when Americans get smarter.

Old July 24th 03, 10:54 PM
Daniel Connelly

Default Cycling will get bigger when Americans get smarter.

A statement more impressive in its wrongness than it would
have been had it proven true.

Bob M wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:10:37 GMT, Tom Schulenburg
wrote:

"Drew Cutter" wrote in message

I don't think their going be another lance
armstrong from the us for quite some time.

That's what I said after LeMond retired.

Old July 24th 03, 11:28 PM
warren

Default Cycling in the US

In article , Kurgan
Gringioni wrote:

"David N. Welton" wrote in message
Drew Cutter writes:

I don't think their going be another lance armstrong from the us for
quite some time.

If someone had told me that another american would have come along a
few years after Lemond and *beaten* his record of Tour wins, I would
have said he was on crack (not Lemond, the person...).

As it stands, an american has one 7 out of the last how many tours?
It's not a bad ratio at all.

Since 1986, 7 out of 17.

What's the score for the home boys?

-WG
Old July 24th 03, 11:40 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

"warren" wrote in message

Drew Cutter writes:

I don't think their going be another lance armstrong from the us for
quite some time.

If someone had told me that another american would have come along a
few years after Lemond and *beaten* his record of Tour wins, I would
have said he was on crack (not Lemond, the person...).

As it stands, an american has one 7 out of the last how many tours?
It's not a bad ratio at all.

Since 1986, 7 out of 17.

What's the score for the home boys?

0-fer.

Old July 25th 03, 11:45 AM
remove the polite word to reply

Forget the elites- What about the general population?

Europe------------------------America
Not so Fat--------------------Fattest Country in World ( in history?)
More people ride bikes,-------More Fat People in Humongous, Arab-war
causing SUVs
walk more, less junk food-----ENDLESS insanely misleading car ads on
TV

I bike toured Italy, saw two grinning teenage girls at the top of the
fricking Mortirolo, just smiling - you could tell they rode up there
all the time.
I saw 70 year old plus ladies going shoppping on their bikes. Weren't
competing, proving themselves.

( I didn't notice how intensely persistent the car ads on TV were
untill I thought about it. Then I go out into the 2nd worst traffic in
the world. ( In my 30 mpg 1986 toyota. Paid for.) It's sad watching
all the brainwashed people riding in their big V8 SUVs at 30 mph on
the "freeway", mindless pawns paying 800-1000/month
payments/insurance/road tax/depreciation. They don't _mean_ to cause
wars in the middle east, they're just doing what the TV tells them to
do. Over, and over, and over.)

On TV I saw a guy said that if we doubled gas mileage in cars we'd
reduce need for foreign oil 30%.

And a Texas oil zillionaire in the White house. coincidence? or
causality.
Old July 25th 03, 02:39 PM
Richard Thompson

The Silver Comet Trail in Atlanta is marked with a yellow center line
and signs just like a road. Some signs say, KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT WHEN
PASSING. Most follow these rules. The Silver Comet will go from Atlanta
to Anniston Alabama. Thats 111 miles, no traffic, perfect pavement.
Except on the Atlanta end fewer pedestrians. There are rumors this trail
will continue to Birmingham. I`m waiting , planning to see how fast I
can do it on my BOB JACKSON tandem. All trails should be built this
way. I hope I live long enough to see bike trails like this coast to
coast, like interstates for bikes. The Bear

@ @

~~~

Old July 26th 03, 12:18 AM
Dashi Toshii

"remove the polite word to reply" wrote in
message om...

( I didn't notice how intensely persistent the car ads on TV were
untill I thought about it. Then I go out into the 2nd worst traffic in
the world. ( In my 30 mpg 1986 toyota. Paid for.) It's sad watching
all the brainwashed people riding in their big V8 SUVs at 30 mph on
the "freeway", mindless pawns paying 800-1000/month
payments/insurance/road tax/depreciation. They don't _mean_ to cause
wars in the middle east, they're just doing what the TV tells them to
do. Over, and over, and over.)

It's not a problem, never has been and never will be.

If you don't like seeing people driving SUV's that's just tough ****.

What have you done for our country? Been fighting in Viet Nam, Panama,
Afghanistan, Iraq, no, I didn't think so.

You don't speak for me or anyone else besides yourself, continue driving
your ****ty little Toyota and be happy and SUV hasn't run over your sorry
ass, yet!

I drive my SUV everywhere, even if it is only to take my Yorkshire terrier
to the vet one block away. G

Does that **** you off? Good, now go **** off! VBG

Even if I don't agree with everything that G.W. does, I do agree that we
should use up all the oil reserves, especially from the Arab states, before
we break out and reveal our alternative source to the rest of the world.

You got to know when to hold 'em and you got to know when to fold 'em. G

Dashii

why bigger tires? pas Mountain Biking 24 July 14th 04 03:03 PM
More Paris Cycling - Along Southern Rim Elisa Francesca Roselli General 3 May 26th 04 02:01 AM
Age doesn't stop 70-somethings who are cycling devotees Garrison Hilliard General 5 March 22nd 04 04:56 AM
PowerOn Cycling brings Tampa to Mayors Ride Music & Excitement National Bicycle Greenway General 0 February 18th 04 05:31 PM