Okay so who's a sooky lala?

Old October 14th 04, 06:10 AM
hippy

Default Okay so who's a sooky lala?

"byron27"
dirty bikes have more character dont you know!!

If you saw my bikes.. you would know that you
don't have to tell me that! :-)

hippy
one lazy *******

Old October 14th 04, 01:02 PM
DRS

"hippy" wrote in message

I am.

I don't mind posts about who went out the longest
in the worst weather with the least clothing ('me' damn
you!) but I thought "bugger it" tonight.
The last few days have seen me come too close to
quite a few large, stupid, metal objects (cars) through
no fault of my own. It seems the warm days cause
drivers to switch off their brains. How many panic
stops and crazy swerves do I need to do in two days?!
Well I just couldn't be arsed taking chances tonight, what
with warmed brains AND slippery roads?
Caught the train. Thanks. Done. Good night.

I did. I had heaps of things to do, finishing off with dropping into CW's,
and it was ****ing down. I haven't driven into the city around peak hour
for yonks, which is a very good thing, but I must say I was stunned by the
number of dickheads on treddlies, especially the ones with no headlights. A
special mention goes to the moron on the black or blue mountain bike with no
headlight and no helmet who raced at top speed across La Trobe street whilst
I was turning left - next time I won't stop, arsehole.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old October 14th 04, 11:20 PM
hippy

"DRS" wrote in message
I did. I had heaps of things to do, finishing off with dropping into

CW's,
and it was ****ing down. I haven't driven into the city around peak hour
for yonks, which is a very good thing, but I must say I was stunned by the
number of dickheads on treddlies, especially the ones with no headlights.

special mention goes to the moron on the black or blue mountain bike with

no
headlight and no helmet who raced at top speed across La Trobe street

whilst
I was turning left - next time I won't stop, arsehole.

I have to agree with you there. A few weeks ago I was
riding into the city at night just to get some extra kays and
make it more "interesting". I stop at lights and watch like
10 people roll straight through past me! WTF is the point
of trying to be a 'good cyclist', trying to gain motorist
respect when 1) the farkin drivers don't seem to give a
sheet and 2) every (okay not EVERY) other ******* on
a bike is ignoring the rules?
I'd love to go "From now on... I see no red lights" and
just ride how the hell I want but I'm trying to be good..
That Fitzroy cycles ****** shot passed me at a red light
again this week, which doesn't help my attitude..

hippy
tired, grumpy and at work