Stem mounted light suggestions?

Old November 8th 05, 12:22 AM
Gooserider

Default Stem mounted light suggestions?

I'm trying to mount a light to my Nitto Noodle Bar for the upcoming
nighttime commute, and I don't really have room. Cable routing with my
barcons makes space limited. I'd like to mount a light to my threadless
stem. I have a four bold Oval Concepts stem, so I can't use the neat Supergo
replacement faceplate(two bolt). Anybody know a good LED light I can strap
mount to the stem?

Mike

Old November 8th 05, 03:31 AM

Gooserider wrote:
I'm trying to mount a light to my Nitto Noodle Bar for the upcoming
nighttime commute, and I don't really have room. Cable routing with my
barcons makes space limited. I'd like to mount a light to my threadless
stem. I have a four bold Oval Concepts stem, so I can't use the neat Supergo
replacement faceplate(two bolt). Anybody know a good LED light I can strap
mount to the stem?

Mike

Any reason you don't want to use one of these? (Not that I've tried
one...)

http://tinyurl.com/48l8y

For what it's worth, my headlights on my commuter are mounted at about
the front edge of the front fender.

- Frank Krygowski

Old November 8th 05, 07:48 AM

Gooserider wrote:
I'm trying to mount a light to my Nitto Noodle Bar for the upcoming
nighttime commute, and I don't really have room. Cable routing with my
barcons makes space limited. I'd like to mount a light to my threadless
stem. I have a four bold Oval Concepts stem, so I can't use the neat Supergo
replacement faceplate(two bolt). Anybody know a good LED light I can strap
mount to the stem?

The small 3-AAA Cateye LED (EL-400?) has a swivel clamp so you
could strap it on the stem and face it forward, but you would lose tilt
adjustment. The Performance 3-AAA LED comes with a regular
clamp and a stretchy strappy thing that would probably fit over your
cables fine. Neither is terribly bright for an only light. It is
often possible to mount a headlight clamp even over barcons and
aero brake cabling. The open part of the clamp goes right where
the cables are.

Old November 8th 05, 12:21 PM

Gooserider wrote:
I'm trying to mount a light to my Nitto Noodle Bar for the upcoming
nighttime commute, and I don't really have room. Cable routing with my
barcons makes space limited. I'd like to mount a light to my threadless
stem. I have a four bold Oval Concepts stem, so I can't use the neat Supergo
replacement faceplate(two bolt). Anybody know a good LED light I can strap
mount to the stem?

Mike

Not the answer you are looking for, but I prefer a helmet mounted
light. This way I can aim the light as necessary. And sometimes
necessary is right into the eyes of a driver about to make a left in
front of me!

Joseph