Looking to join the FS crowd

Old February 15th 06, 02:37 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Looking to join the FS crowd

Hi guys

I have been riding (not very well mind you) a Merida Matts Special Hard
Tail for 4 years or so (and have been thinking about joing the ranks of
riders with FS.

I can get a really good deal on a '06 GT I-drive 1, either the 4 (XC) or
the 5 (All Mountain) Anyone got any real objections to the '06 model i-
drive ? I know the first few i-drives years ago seem'd a good idea that
didn't work so well but the new ones seem much improved. The reason I ask
is that other bikes of similar spec are going to be much more expensive
(long story) but if the GT's are genuinely crappy I will look elsewhere.

Links to the models in question:

The 5.0, 1
http://www.gtbicycles.com/mountain/c...il.php?id=2083
&country=aus&brand=moun

The 4.0, 1
http://www.gtbicycles.com/mountain/c...il.php?id=2086
&country=aus&brand=moun

Thanks for constructive advice

I am in Aus, so we get expensive prices and less models to choose from
--
Trevor S

-Albert Einstein