Austral Wheelrace

Old February 20th 07, 04:01 AM posted to aus.bicycle
pase

Default Austral Wheelrace

Since track events rarely get the promotion they deserve, here is a
heads-up that the Austral Wheelrace is on at Vodafone arena in
melbourne this Sat. Tickets are $20 with lots of good racing, the
infield bar and betting ring.

There is a cyclesport victoria website that someone will be nice enough
to post for the rest of you.

Roll call for who is going?

--
pase

Old February 20th 07, 08:47 AM posted to aus.bicycle
rooman

pase Wrote:
Since track events rarely get the promotion they deserve, here is a
heads-up that the Austral Wheelrace is on at Vodafone arena in
melbourne this Sat. Tickets are $20 with lots of good racing, the
infield bar and betting ring.

There is a cyclesport victoria website that someone will be nice enough
to post for the rest of you.

Roll call for who is going?promoters are (caution under built web site minimal info)

'www.cyclistsinternational.com.au'
(http://www.cyclistsinternational.com.au/)

cyclsport vic linkl is : http://www.vic.cycling.org.au/ ( minimal stuff
up on site SO HERE IS:

Start List according to CI as of today:

**

*Event 10.* The 109th. AUSTRAL

*Wheelrace Heats*

*::8 laps – 2000m. First 3 into Final (Event 12)::*

::::

::::

::::

::::
(hmmm that looked terrible, I'll try and tidy up and post it later
on...)

::Hope this comes out ( it didn't!!) , its a pdf , I'll post it later,
or somewhere else if any one wants it... let me know::

::going??.... could be tempted when I found out what else is on....a
few bets and a boozer in the middle... looks like a train trip coming
up... those Siemens thingys on the Sandy line better be working::

--
rooman

Old February 20th 07, 09:11 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Gags

::going??.... could be tempted when I found out what else is on....a
few bets and a boozer in the middle... looks like a train trip coming
up... those Siemens thingys on the Sandy line better be working::

If you want to get into to bar area in the infield make sure you get there
reasonably early as last year they had to stop people going in once it
filled up (this was about 10 minutes after I realised that you didn't need a
special ticket to get in and have a beer). I am going and I think I might
catch the train this year so that I can enjoy a few more ales than last
year.

Gags

Old February 20th 07, 09:54 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb

pase Wrote:

Roll call for who is going?

Possibly x 2.

--
cfsmtb

Old February 20th 07, 11:27 AM posted to aus.bicycle
rooman

START LIST: (race number, Rider, club, distance from scratch)

heat 137sean pontelandolfobgo11038scott sittapalambbn11548darren
rodgersprs13057john forrestact14568damien semmlerwng16573stuart
vaughanhaw17078ewin williamsbwk17582andrew whitenor18094chris
simonelliqld20098tim watsonhaw21099michael benhamcar215103adam
nicholsonbgo220107john huntclc225108scott gavensfty230118andrew
latreillebwk235111peter ganssbwk240117ian morwoodnsw245heat3 31jake
kingcar10539james schneidernsw11552james goddardbbn13060justin
leskebgo14562dean stewartnor15065tim bennettbgo15570craig
robertsonfty17075david manna-w17579matthew smithcbg18587ben
knightbgo19093daniel dohertybwk21097peter savagebbn215101david
morelandbgo220105thomas hubertsstk225109vivian mccarthymac230112greg
lewisbgo235113laurie naughtonbgo240115michael burkeprs245heat59james
langedykgee5011alexander jamesbwk6515tim deckerbgo7018trevor
griffithswng8525max rainsfordcar9529ben sanderscar10036warren
knevittcar12042toby ditehaw13055russell collinshaw11063laurie
noonanbwk16072scott townsendb-s16576oliver phillipsbwk17083steven
younggee19086clive hickeychs19589corey parkgee20090brendan
saitbgo20592vaughan allanbbn210heat 71shane kellysgw srcatch2steven
rossendelltas205glenn o’sheabgo35119brendon sharrattcbg4510adrian
sansonettinor 6013ken ichiyamajpn7520jarrod moronibgo8021dean
taylorbsb8523toru yuasajpn9027eddie wilsonbwk9533faizal
nohmas11045andrew stewartcbg12549michael downingcar13051wade
wallacecar13053tom leaperbbn14059steve martinbbn140heat2 32joel
stewartact11044ashley hardingbgo12547brad edmundse-m13556james
fitzgeraldgee14058luke jonesgee14567cory robinsonwng16569clint
mcdonellcar17074lewis fulcherhor17580michael vogtcar18091troy
saitbgo20095luke gouldnt210100alan dudderidgea-w220104martin
tobinwng225106luke pretloveara230110michael goldiecar240114ray
boxgee245116shane lowebgo245heat 416brendan schultzham7017jamie
crassbgo8022steven sansonettinor9026darren kingcar9528kyle
marwoodbgo10035leigh de lucacar12043joshua gundrybgo12554rohan
mccaigbgo145120andrew curtainstk15571simon shawcar17077ryan
pontelandolfobgo17541jarrod andersoncar18081adam webbb-s18584peter
walkercar19085matthew bishopcar19588toby glennonnor20096garry
pollackham215102john saltershp220heat 63todd wilkschhor204jobie
dajkasa256daniel thorsenshp408adrian hansoncbg5012gary
muellerbwk6514kazugae nagaejpn6519peter johnstonechs8524masahiro
watanabejpn9030daniel vogelswa9534edrus yunusmas11540damion
drapacbwk12546david coultascar13050tim huckercar13061graham
coullstk15064lachlan ritchiebgo16066michael mainetas165

--
rooman

Old February 20th 07, 08:17 PM posted to aus.bicycle
hippy

rooman Wrote:
START LIST: (race number, Rider, club, distance from scratch)
snip Could that not have done with a find/replace on carriage
returns? :S

Unfortunately work and distance means I can't make the infield this
year but I've got tickets to the Manchester World Cup instead. Yay!
In an sort-of related matter, you can win Zipps from FGF he
http://www.fixedgearfever.com/module...test&race_id=2

hippy

--
hippy

Old February 20th 07, 10:44 PM posted to aus.bicycle
warrwych

hippy Wrote:
rooman Wrote:
START LIST: (race number, Rider, club, distance from scratch)
snip Could that not have done with a find/replace on carriage
returns? :S

Unfortunately work and distance means I can't make the infield this
year but I've got tickets to the Manchester World Cup instead. Yay!
In an sort-of related matter, you can win Zipps from FGF he
http://www.fixedgearfever.com/module...test&race_id=2

hippy

thanks for telling Australia about my new wheels dude! There are 5000
entries already!!!!! Some junior will probably will them, like the
last comp run for LA World Cup.

Should be some great action happening in Manchester.

--
warrwych

Old February 20th 07, 10:54 PM posted to aus.bicycle
hippy

warrwych Wrote:
thanks for telling Australia about my new wheels dude! There are 5000
entries already!!!!! Some junior will probably will them, like the last
comp run for LA World Cup.
Should be some great action happening in Manchester.

I like the site. Figured he could do with some more publicity..
I wouldn't (couldn't) use those wheels anyway so if he hands 'em over
to me in Manchester I'll let you have first dibs.. at the ebay auction
:P
Actually, I wonder how much time I could take off my commute if I ran
the Raleigh with Zipp tubs?! Mwuhahaha!!

If I get my butt into gear I'll take the big camera and try to remember
how to use it.. only been 2 years since I last turned in on.. can DSLRs
rust?

hippy

--
hippy

Old February 20th 07, 11:02 PM posted to aus.bicycle
warrwych

hippy Wrote:
I like the site. Figured he could do with some more publicity..
I wouldn't (couldn't) use those wheels anyway so if he hands 'em over
to me in Manchester I'll let you have first dibs.. at the ebay auction
:P
Actually, I wonder how much time I could take off my commute if I ran
the Raleigh with Zipp tubs?! Mwuhahaha!!

If I get my butt into gear I'll take the big camera and try to remember
how to use it.. only been 2 years since I last turned in on.. can DSLRs
rust?

hippy

It's a great site. I love it when the forum fires off and Andy Coggan
gets into discussions with the others.

thanks for the offer of 1st dibs I'll remember you in my will, along
with the cattery and retirement home for old horses

You only need to get your butt into 1 gear (and fixed) so just do it:
we want pics!! we want pics! we want pics!!!

--
warrwych

Old February 20th 07, 11:21 PM posted to aus.bicycle
hippy

warrwych Wrote:
It's a great site. I love it when the forum fires off and Andy Coggan
gets into discussions with the others.

thanks for the offer of 1st dibs I'll remember you in my will, along
with the cattery and retirement home for old horses

You only need to get your butt into 1 gear (and fixed) so just do it:
we want pics!! we want pics! we want pics!!!

My boss will love you forever.. she has a horse.

I'll get some shots at Manch then.. I promise they will be of
sufficiently low quality that little Jimmy with his phonecam will laugh
at my efforts. I'm not sure how easy-going this lot are with roaming
around, "away from one's seat, as it were". I'll test their security. I
think FGF are going to do their 'live' podcasts from the 'drome again. I
still have no idea about which Aussies are riding (if any).

hippy

--
hippy