Where are all the race reports

Old March 5th 07, 09:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Jono L[_3_]

Default Where are all the race reports

Bleve Wrote:
On Mar 5, 10:56 am, byron27 byron27.2my...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
gplama Wrote: Northern Combine season started yesterday!

Where are the schedules for those GP?

Im not sure if i can race in those. Im part of Blackburn. Do i need
permission from my club?

To race outside your combine, you do need permission, yes
In the past, this has been a printout of an email from Nicko, and has
sufficed.
Especially at the moment, while the NC has started and we're still in
crit/track season, Nicko is only too happy to do this for you. I'll
get it organised for you ASAP.Pity the next two weeks are Crit( i mean ****) races .... off to the

hills I go.

--
Jono L

Old March 6th 07, 02:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle
byron27[_13_]

Bleve Wrote:
On Mar 5, 10:56 am, byron27 byron27.2my...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
gplama Wrote: Northern Combine season started yesterday!

Where are the schedules for those GP?

Im not sure if i can race in those. Im part of Blackburn. Do i need
permission from my club?

To race outside your combine, you do need permission, yes
In the past, this has been a printout of an email from Nicko, and has
sufficed.
Especially at the moment, while the NC has started and we're still in
crit/track season, Nicko is only too happy to do this for you. I'll
get it organised for you ASAP.

Yay!

--
byron27

6'5", curly hair, bit like krusty the clown i spose

Old March 6th 07, 02:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle
byron27[_14_]

gplama Wrote:
I'll only tell you if you'll be a friendly wheel.... ok, I know you
are.. here ya go.. not sure about Blackburn... maybe get a generic
letter from the club saying they permit you to race on any given
weekend.

he http://www.hawthorncycling.org/racing/racing.asp
he http://www.brunswickcyclingclub.com
he http://marcan.customer.netspace.net.au
or he http://www.coburgcycling.com.au/calendar.htm

Hunt me down before the race(s) start.. there are always a few plans
being thrown around with a few of the guys I know well... but shhhhh

lama

done!

Team ABOC is a bit shallow in open at the moment.

Old March 6th 07, 03:31 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

On Mar 6, 1:43 pm, byron27 byron27.2n0...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
gplama Wrote: I'll only tell you if you'll be a friendly wheel.... ok, I know you
are.. here ya go.. not sure about Blackburn... maybe get a generic
letter from the club saying they permit you to race on any given
weekend.

he http://www.hawthorncycling.org/racing/racing.asp
he http://www.brunswickcyclingclub.com
hehttp://marcan.customer.netspace.net.au
or hehttp://www.coburgcycling.com.au/calendar.htm

Hunt me down before the race(s) start.. there are always a few plans
being thrown around with a few of the guys I know well... but shhhhh

lama

done!

Team ABOC is a bit shallow in open at the moment.

I need to insert a size 45 shoe into Flinty's backside!

B grade's looking ok though, Mick T, Mark G and me as the chase monkey.

Old March 6th 07, 04:13 AM posted to aus.bicycle
byron27[_15_]

Bleve Wrote:
[...]

Flinty (or more than likely Flinty's wife) has been bitten by the
Bunning Bug and is doing all his training with a circular saw and
hammer at the moment...

Old March 6th 07, 11:17 PM posted to aus.bicycle
a5hi5m[_2_]

byron27 Wrote:
Flinty (or more than likely Flinty's wife) has been bitten by the
Bunning Bug and is doing all his training with a circular saw and
hammer at the moment...

Ouch! That happened to me over the summer, became a "gold-class"
bunning member and next thing i knew it was close to 3 months off the
bike - very painful. When i finally got back on a few days ago, the
mental pain really kicked in - "I dont remember this hill being
anywhere near this hard, especially going this slow!" The added kilo's
didnt help much either.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get it back..

Ash

--
a5hi5m

Old March 7th 07, 05:36 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DeF

DaveB wrote:
What's the story, there seems to be a lack of RR's this summer. Has
everyone got lazy?

DaveB

Well, here is one from two Sunday's ago from a mate
of mine who has recently started racing with the Masters
here in WA. He's not an a.b regular:

C-Grade

Felt lousy during the week with a 36-hr bug so I didn't do any riding. I
was in two minds about racing on Sunday and was close to pulling out, but
being at the Western Force game on Sat night, and with the Force in the lead
at half time, I was feeling energised and gave Duncan the committed.

Bit of a strong easterly greeted the 18 C-grade riders. A few newcomers
over the past few weeks have added a bit of pace and competition to the
group. We set of at the normal steady C-grade pace and I was happy to sit
in the bunch and just get through it. However, as always seems to happen, I
suddenly found myself off the front, pushing into a headwind and with no one
else keen to take over. After almost 2 laps of that I swung wide on a
corner and pulled back into the group. A group of about 4 riders then did a
great job of pushing the pace for about 10 minutes. I went up to help them
but it seemed that they were happy to let me sit out front rather than roll
it over, so with 10 minutes to go I pulled back and sat in the group. We
skirted around the carnage of an A-grade crash and ducked low as all sorts
of metal crap on the road was flicked up into the bikes and then suddenly it
was 2 laps to go. HRM said 173, but after the last ride when I got stuck in
the middle of the bunch and couldn't get out for the sprint, I thought
bugger it and went wide to slot up into the front 3.

Last lap and I'm just where I want to be - 3 back going into the back
straight. Two corners to go and you can feel the tension. Suddenly 3
blokes are past me on the right and get through the last corner with about
3-4 m on me. That meant 5 guys ahead of me with the 250m sprint. Not
making the mistake of last time, I grabbed 3 gears and went for it out of
the corner taking a line on the far right. I was treated to that truly
wonderful sensation of seeing the road clear up in front of you; I was
quickly past 3 riders and gaining on the other 2. Went past the first, just
one on left but the line was coming up too quick. Buried it for a final
burst and looked up on the line. Not sure if I caught him - photo finish.
After a cool down lap I was greeted with the good news that I'd got it. My
first first placing. Looking at the computer afterwards, I'd managed to get
up to 51.6 kph in the final sprint, into the easterly, and with a HR of 180
- pretty close the theoretical max for someone my age. Not bad given that I
was thinking of pulling out due to the cold. Went home and felt buggered
for the rest of the day.

But... I can't finish without mentioning that I volunteered to marshal for
the B-Grade race. I was on the third corner from the start. You can
imagine my surprise when, on their first lap, a breakaway of two came
galloping up the Back straight with about a 20 sec lead; none other than
DeF hanging onto the shirt tails of Bob Addy. It was a valiant
effort in the tradition of the charge of the light brigade. As the next few
laps went by they were keeping away. I hollered my support but it was plain
to see that DeF's focus was 110% on the wheel in front of him. Pain was
etched their. Suicidal came to mind and shortly after the brief flight of
mayfly was over. But it looked good while it lasted and we all know that
that is what counts!

Thanks P., and good to know I provided a little entertainment. I don't
know what I was thinking. Bob is an ex-olympian (rode for England in the
TTT), an ex-TdF rider, ex-world champ and is currently in training for
the Masters World Champs later this year. I never recovered from the
effort of those early laps and pulled out of the race with 2 laps to go.
I was empty.

Next time...

DeF

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.
Old March 8th 07, 10:27 AM posted to aus.bicycle
ritcho[_3_]

DaveB Wrote:
What's the story, there seems to be a lack of RR's this summer. Has
everyone got lazy?

DaveB

Lazy... apart from training for Ironman Oz. Yes. I've been lazy.

Ritch

Hopefully I'll be back racing late-April/May. In C grade maybe... or B
if I fancy getting flogged every week.

--
ritcho

Old March 13th 07, 10:05 PM posted to aus.bicycle
hippy[_17_]

I'm thinking of entering some TTs but I'm worried about the RR content..

"HR was at 175 which was where I wanted it. Rain closing in. Oh,
there's a tree. And another. Wow, rural England has lots of green grass
beside the road. How long do I do this for? Another 35k to go! ho hum"

hippy
"testy not tester"

--
hippy

Two media reports TimC Australia 11 June 14th 06 05:16 AM
Early season reports and race diaries from the pros [email protected] Racing 0 April 14th 05 07:06 AM
Looking for ride reports Mike Rides 2 January 26th 04 12:21 AM
Volae Reports Anyone? bentup Recumbent Biking 67 December 17th 03 07:48 AM