I want my new bike!

Old March 13th 07, 10:09 PM posted to aus.bicycle
warrwych[_9_]

Default I want my new bike!

hippy Wrote:
Well, if you're not gonna post the link..
http://fixmawheel.blogspot.com/2007/...ckbeastie.html

hippy

yes, it's one of those!

will have a set of these on it (if they ever turn up?? Just in time for
world masters maybe??):

http://www.teschnergroup.com/product...r/pursuitBars/

They are NOICE!!!! A friend has some - he loves em.

--
warrwych

Old March 13th 07, 10:16 PM posted to aus.bicycle
hippy[_19_]

warrwych Wrote:
yes, it's one of those!
will have a set of these on it (if they ever turn up?? Just in time for
world masters maybe??):
http://www.teschnergroup.com/product...r/pursuitBars/
They are NOICE!!!! A friend has some - he loves em.

$895!!! Fscking hell!!
I think my brain is finally operating on UKP now - that seems a little
costly.

hippy
- still a tight git

--
hippy

Old March 13th 07, 10:24 PM posted to aus.bicycle
warrwych[_10_]

hippy Wrote:
$895!!! Fscking hell!!
I think my brain is finally operating on UKP now - that seems a little
costly.

hippy
- still a tight git

I did the same when I found out about the price rise (From 750 or so)
AFTER I had ordered them. Last Dec they were $630 or so. They are not
the most expensive CF aero bars tho (not that makes any difference -
they are still freaking EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!). I'd better go fast
hey?

--
warrwych

Old March 13th 07, 10:28 PM posted to aus.bicycle
hippy[_20_]

warrwych Wrote:
I did the same when I found out about the price rise (From 750 or so)
AFTER I had ordered them. Last Dec they were $630 or so. They are not
the most expensive CF aero bars tho (not that makes any difference -
they are still freaking EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!). I'd better go fast
hey?

You will. Here is an early cheer from the distant sidelines for ya:

*cheers*

(No, really, I did.. the neighbors already think I'm a nutter.. a
little more fuel to the fire won't hurt!)

hippy

--
hippy

Old March 13th 07, 10:39 PM posted to aus.bicycle
warrwych[_11_]

hippy Wrote:
You will. Here is an early cheer from the distant sidelines for ya:

*cheers*

(No, really, I did.. the neighbors already think I'm a nutter.. a
little more fuel to the fire won't hurt!)

hippy

was that a moth flapping I can hear?? hehehehe Thanks Hipshtar! I'll
remember you in my "and I'd like to thank..." speech

--
warrwych

Old March 20th 07, 12:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB

DaveB wrote:

Sigh, I want my new bike, I want my new bike, I want my new bike!

Dave "pouting" B

Finally got to ride my new bike this morning (even if it was just down
to the shops). Fairly disappointed in the LBS setup. The bars are not
square to the front wheel which is blindingly obvious as soon as you get
on it. And the derailleur is clunking against the spokes in the largest
sprocket. I can understand not picking up faults in the shop that can
only be seen when riding, but I would have thought this sort of thing
should be easily avoided. Am I being too harsh? Looks like I have some
work to do if I'm going to ride it to work tomorrow.

DaveB
Old March 20th 07, 09:31 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Artoi

In article ,
DaveB wrote:

Finally got to ride my new bike this morning (even if it was just down
to the shops). Fairly disappointed in the LBS setup. The bars are not
square to the front wheel which is blindingly obvious as soon as you get
on it. And the derailleur is clunking against the spokes in the largest
sprocket. I can understand not picking up faults in the shop that can
only be seen when riding, but I would have thought this sort of thing
should be easily avoided. Am I being too harsh?

Not at all. A setup by the book in the workshop should not have any
problems in the first place. Even if it does, the wrench hand should
have taken the bike for a spin to road test all the mechanisms.

I think it's just very poor care by the LBS.
Old March 21st 07, 03:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB

Artoi wrote:
In article ,
DaveB wrote:

Finally got to ride my new bike this morning (even if it was just down
to the shops). Fairly disappointed in the LBS setup. The bars are not
square to the front wheel which is blindingly obvious as soon as you get
on it. And the derailleur is clunking against the spokes in the largest
sprocket. I can understand not picking up faults in the shop that can
only be seen when riding, but I would have thought this sort of thing
should be easily avoided. Am I being too harsh?

Not at all. A setup by the book in the workshop should not have any
problems in the first place. Even if it does, the wrench hand should
have taken the bike for a spin to road test all the mechanisms.

I think it's just very poor care by the LBS.
--

And it gets worse. While sorting out the handlebars I found the bolt on
the headstem was only finger tight (if that). Hopeless, bloody hopeless

DaveB
Old March 21st 07, 04:41 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Dave

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:37:27 +1100, DaveB wrote:

And it gets worse. While sorting out the handlebars I found the bolt on
the headstem was only finger tight (if that). Hopeless, bloody hopeless

That's getting dangerous. Did they get distracted halfway through the
build, because that sounds like it came out of the box, had wheels slapped
on, and that's all. That's a long way from properly assembled, and you're
right to be ****ed off.

--
Dave Hughes |
"I have an asteroid named after me. Isaac