OMG - Help Please !!

Old March 11th 07, 12:29 PM posted to aus.bicycle
gravelmuncher[_12_]

Default OMG - Help Please !!

Thankyou all who has offered their advice. The LEGENDARY store owner
has replied to me personally after viewing this thread, and has offered
to help me with the problem. (Thanks KERRY )

gm

--
gravelmuncher

Old March 11th 07, 11:52 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Richard Sherratt

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 19:34:30 +1100, gravelmuncher
wrote:

[stuck seat post]

Lennard Zinn had an article about this on velo news a couple of weeks
ago.

http://www.velonews.com/tech/report/...s/11799.0.html

--
Regards.
Richard.
Old March 12th 07, 07:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gravelmuncher[_14_]

Just to let you know - my nightmare has officially ended. With a most
ingenious twist, said LEGENDARY LBS owner has extracted the post.

Now, I admit freely to buying stuff off ebay occasionally. However, in
this instance, words cannot describe the feeling of relief that I
experienced today when this guy took my problem on - and indeed made it
HIS problem. This experience has proved to me that, whatever kind of
bargain you think you're getting at auction, it compares NOUGHT to the
experience and assistance offered by an honest, professional bike
store.

Which, in my most recent adventure, was absolutely PRICELESS.

Thanks again Kerry. I wish you every success.

gm

--
gravelmuncher

Old March 12th 07, 08:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DeF

gravelmuncher wrote:
Just to let you know - my nightmare has officially ended. With a most
ingenious twist, said LEGENDARY LBS owner has extracted the post.

Now, I admit freely to buying stuff off ebay occasionally. However, in
this instance, words cannot describe the feeling of relief that I
experienced today when this guy took my problem on - and indeed made it
HIS problem. This experience has proved to me that, whatever kind of
bargain you think you're getting at auction, it compares NOUGHT to the
experience and assistance offered by an honest, professional bike
store.

Which, in my most recent adventure, was absolutely PRICELESS.

Thanks again Kerry. I wish you every success.

gm

Come on then - how'd they do it? Saw vertically through
remaining post? Put post stump in vice and twist frame?
Wrap towel around frame and soak in hot water whilst
blocking post with something and filling with iced water?
If the post is a thin enough alloy, you could squash it and
fold it (kinda heart shaped x-section) to get it out.

DeF.

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.
Old March 12th 07, 09:27 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Michael Warner

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 17:02:29 +0900, DeF wrote:

Come on then - how'd they do it? Saw vertically through
remaining post? Put post stump in vice and twist frame?
Wrap towel around frame and soak in hot water whilst
blocking post with something and filling with iced water?

I'd bet on soaking with the blood of a freshly killed virgin at
midnight in the centre of a pentagram, but bike shops
never admit to doing it even though it always works.