Animal Sprints

Old March 20th 07, 07:38 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Jono L[_16_]

Default Animal Sprints

Found a new one on the way home from Kinglake on the Greensborough
bypass

-The Squashed turkey sprint!

And thanks to the guy who asked if I needed a hand with my puncture,
ahh the generosity of (most) cyclists!

Jono

--
Jono L

Old March 20th 07, 08:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_46_]

Jono L Wrote:
Found a new one on the way home from Kinglake on the Greensborough
bypass

-The Squashed turkey sprint!

hahaha, triple points for rareness!!!!

Jawwoo and I spotted a ghost wombat about 2kms out of Warragul.. and it
has a red eye. Rabid albino ghost wombat points up for grabs during the
Baw Baw Classic!!!

--
gplama

Old March 20th 07, 10:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Gags

"gplama" wrote in message

Jono L Wrote:
Found a new one on the way home from Kinglake on the Greensborough
bypass

-The Squashed turkey sprint!

hahaha, triple points for rareness!!!!

Jawwoo and I spotted a ghost wombat about 2kms out of Warragul.. and it
has a red eye. Rabid albino ghost wombat points up for grabs during the
Baw Baw Classic!!!

I saw one of those turkey thingos when riding up to Kinglake before
Christmas.....it was towards the top where you go past all the
ferns.....this one was alive though and legged it across the road in front
of me (it was pretty early in the morning and I didn't have a single car
pass me either direction for the whole climb!!). Also saw an echidna on the
same trip only about 150m or so shy of the roundabout at Kinglake.

Haven't seen any white wombats but I did see four black wombats in the space
of 2 hours riding between Viewbank and Templestowe on the Yarra Singletrack
one night late last year. The first one came barelling down the hill and
crossed the track about a metre in front of me....scared the crap out of me.
There were also stacks of rabbits then......not too many now since baits
were put out a little while ago. My kids used to love riding along there
and counting how many rabbits they saw but the count has dropped from 100+ a
couple of months ago to 2 last weekend!!!

Gags

Old March 20th 07, 01:03 PM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_67_]

Spied a big owl last Saturday night in Royal Park alongside the Upfield
line, it was probably waiting for some poor ******* (without decent
lights) to go off the steps onto Manningham St. Probably a very
well-fed owl ..

--
cfsmtb

Old March 20th 07, 02:17 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

On Mar 20, 7:05 pm, gplama gplama.2nq...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Jono L Wrote:

Found a new one on the way home from Kinglake on the Greensborough
bypass

-The Squashed turkey sprint!

hahaha, triple points for rareness!!!!

Jawwoo and I spotted a ghost wombat about 2kms out of Warragul.. and it
has a red eye. Rabid albino ghost wombat points up for grabs during the
Baw Baw Classic!!!

We saw two wombats in Westerfolds tonight (trying out the new HID ..
halogens are obsolete .. and how ...). One did two fast passes in
front of me, and the other ambled along the bridge over the yarra
while we suggested that it get a move on. No ghosts .. these were
real!

Old March 20th 07, 10:59 PM posted to aus.bicycle
jazmo[_7_]

Jono L Wrote:

Found a new one on the way home from Kinglake on the Greensborough
bypass

-The Squashed turkey sprint!

hahaha, triple points for rareness!!!!

Jawwoo and I spotted a ghost wombat about 2kms out of Warragul.. and

it
has a red eye. Rabid albino ghost wombat points up for grabs during

the
Baw Baw Classic!!!

We saw two wombats in Westerfolds tonight (trying out the new HID ..
halogens are obsolete .. and how ...). One did two fast passes in
front of me, and the other ambled along the bridge over the yarra
while we suggested that it get a move on. No ghosts .. these were
real!

I saw two kangaroos while going up Clintons Rd (BR route) a few weeks
back. They were hopping along the road for a while about 50 metres in
front of me. Beautiful.

--
jazmo

Old March 20th 07, 11:47 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

jazmo wrote:

I saw two kangaroos while going up Clintons Rd (BR route) a few weeks
back. They were hopping along the road for a while about 50 metres in
front of me. Beautiful.

Roos all the bloody time here and a very dangerous thing to have around
on those decents down Stromlo and Ainslie and occasionally by the side
of the track at the crits. Apart from that our training ride the other
morning almost came unstuck when a huge rat ran between me and the rider
in front. Eeek!

--
Bean "squeak"

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
Old March 21st 07, 12:30 AM posted to aus.bicycle
warrwych[_16_]

Bean Long Wrote:
jazmo wrote:

I saw two kangaroos while going up Clintons Rd (BR route) a few

weeks
back. They were hopping along the road for a while about 50 metres

in
front of me. Beautiful.

Roos all the bloody time here and a very dangerous thing to have
around
on those decents down Stromlo and Ainslie and occasionally by the side
of the track at the crits. Apart from that our training ride the
other
morning almost came unstuck when a huge rat ran between me and the
rider
in front. Eeek!

--
Bean "squeak"

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

A friend was brought down on the weekend, on the 1/20, when the rider
in front met a possum, and came down, with my friend getting caught up
in the possum rally.

Snakes of course, a perennial summer hazard. Funny to watch a racing
bunch veer suddenly to avoid a snake on the road, heralded by the call
of "SNAKE!"

And those DUMB & SLOW!!!! rock pigeons on the bike path......

A fox sighting at Sandown a few weeks back, crossing the back straight
in between bunches.

--
warrwych

Old March 21st 07, 12:52 AM posted to aus.bicycle
byron27[_28_]

warrwych Wrote:
A friend was brought down on the weekend, on the 1/20, when the rider in
front met a possum, and came down, with my friend getting caught up in
the possum rally.

Snakes of course, a perennial summer hazard. Funny to watch a racing
bunch veer suddenly to avoid a snake on the road, heralded by the call
of "SNAKE!"

And those DUMB & SLOW!!!! rock pigeons on the bike path......

A fox sighting at Sandown a few weeks back, crossing the back straight
in between bunches.

During my time in Vancouver the problem was deer and bears. Climbing
up Mt Seymour and Cypress the reigning fear among cyclists was to come
across a bear in the ditch adjacent to the road as you were climbing
(12k's at 7.5%) at around 15-20 kph. If the bear freaked and decided to
go you, there was no way of out riding them. Didnt happen often but
often enough to worry about it.

That said i only ever came across deer which caused many sketchy
moments when they freak out on the road and try to run away with hooves
on the bitumen while your descending towards them at 80+.

Didnt see any mooses unfortunately.

--
byron27

Old March 21st 07, 01:31 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

As we headed down to Cotter Xing on a training ride a couple of weeks
ago (in the dark at 6:00 am) the guy next to me told me the story of a
mate in his regular bunch who did a face plant after a hare ran into his
wheel. Apparently the hare had one leg severed by the spokes/forks and
three other following riders hit the dust. Not something I wanted to
hear coming into a dark valley at 50+ kph with little vision of what's
on the side of the road!

--
Bean
Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Sprints? tgh Racing 0 July 20th 06 05:28 PM
Finally! Interesting Sprints with no Trains! jerry in vermont Racing 2 July 7th 06 08:04 PM
if your uni was a animal, it would be a... leadpan Unicycling 85 May 23rd 06 08:19 PM
if your uni was a animal, it would be a... Uniwitold Unicycling 0 April 7th 06 09:22 AM
What kind of FRED sprints for 37th?? crit PRO Racing 2 February 25th 06 03:00 AM