BR Tomorrow?

Old March 24th 07, 08:41 AM posted to aus.bicycle
flyingdutch[_24_]

Default BR Tomorrow?

roshea Wrote:
Oops - should probably mention this here - daylight savings ends
tonight, so don't forget to put your clock back 1 hour!

oooh. GOOD pick up!!!
I was ALWAYS late to junior baseball games in my yooofff cossa vat!

come out and play. I think we are all in the mood for a VERY slack
one.
2 weeks ago was a hoot. all talk and all play. nothing pushed nor
stretched. Was nice realising what a nice ride it is.
lookin at the forecast i might rug up a bit tho

Flying"sooky-lah-lah"Dutch

--
flyingdutch

Old March 24th 07, 09:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
roshea[_13_]

Sounds like just the thing. I am trying to work around some family
commitments, so if I can aim to get home by 10:30 I may be forgiven.

--
roshea

Old March 24th 07, 10:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
roshea[_14_]

Aha - BIYF!

Is this 'bikely map'
(http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path...nday-BR-x-7-20) still the
normal route?

--
roshea

Old March 24th 07, 10:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2007-03-24, blah (aka Bruce)
out to 100km plus if we do this climb and that extra bit. I'm
underdone at the moment so it'll be quite sedate whatever the length.
There are quite a few jump off points if time or distance is an issue.
Hope to see you tomorrow after the extra hour sleep.

Don't forget to give us an RR!

I reckon the reason the number started to slacken was because the RRs
stopped, so people forgot about it.

It's not because it's yucky summer weather and everyone is off busily
racing

--
TimC
If I'd known computer science was going to be like this, I'd never have
Old March 24th 07, 10:09 PM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB

roshea wrote:
Aha - BIYF!

Is this 'bikely map'
(http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path...nday-BR-x-7-20) still the
normal route?

It depends on who you are. I pretty much always go direct from K Ground
to Smiths Gully via Panton Hill. Also, for slack days, it's not uncommon
to go from K Ground to Wattle Glen. And once you hit Heidelberg, any
number of options are available. The route on bikely is the full route
but over two years I probably only did it twice.

DaveB
Old March 25th 07, 02:07 PM posted to aus.bicycle
roshea[_16_]

TimC Wrote:
Don't forget to give us an RR!Since blah and flyingdutch haven't done it yet, I will have a bash.

The 3 of us left from Doncaster a little late after FD had done his
civic duties in reporting the traffic lights at Doncaster Rd being on
the blink. A cool start to the day but fine and sunny - always a good
start. All 3 of us on cannibalised bikes due to different frame issues
(warranty, sh1tty lack of warranty, sh1tty car driver).

Not knowing the route, I designated myself as lanterne rouge, but
got great information from the others about climbs and intersections.
Noted the BR-xxx signs on the road early on - good work there! There
was also a fair bit of nostalgia in the commentary - this is where Tim
fell off, we used to smash ess and gplama up here, you need to get
right after this left turn, this is another spot where tim fell off,
etc. Added a lot to my understanding of BR-x tradition.

I'm not sure on the details of route, but I think it was pretty
close to Tim's bikely map. Through Kangaroo ground (no kangaroos) and
Watson's Creek (only a few horses) to Smiths Gully for coffee and more
nostaliga about the staff there . A smooth cruise back from there
through Wattle Glen (no wattle) and Diamond Creek (no diamonds!), with
another civic duty stop for FD in Watsonia.

No KoM sprints (as far as I could tell - apologies if you guys were
sprinting ) and no animal points - the closest we got to interesting
wildlife was the elephants, which apparently were not a normal feature
on the BR.

We went our separate ways at the bottom of Burgundy St, with blah
alleging he was going up and FD kindly opting to escort me back in the
direction of Doncaster. All up, just on 70 km @ 25 km/h average in
perfect weather, with the only headwind noticable in the last few kms.

The only real blight on the day was the guy who obviously lost a bet
and had to deck himself from anke to wrist in Liquigas Lime - the less
said about that, the better .

--
roshea

Old March 25th 07, 03:04 PM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2007-03-25, roshea (aka Bruce)
I'm not sure on the details of route, but I think it was pretty
close to Tim's bikely map. Through Kangaroo ground (no kangaroos) and
Watson's Creek (only a few horses) to Smiths Gully for coffee and more
nostaliga about the staff there . A smooth cruise back from there

Nostalgia? Has she left!?

Actually, I think I saw her at a cafe up here.

--
TimC
C Code.
Old March 25th 07, 11:23 PM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB

roshea wrote:
Not knowing the route, I designated myself as lanterne rouge, but
got great information from the others about climbs and intersections.

Are you sure that was FD you were with. He has preferred to use a lack
of knowledge int he past to get the jump on newbies Maybe he realised
he wasn't capable.

DaveB
Old March 26th 07, 04:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle
roshea[_17_]

On 2007-03-25, roshea (aka Bruce)
I'm not sure on the details of route, but I think it was pretty
close to Tim's bikely map. Through Kangaroo ground (no kangaroos)

and
Watson's Creek (only a few horses) to Smiths Gully for coffee and

more
nostaliga about the staff there . A smooth cruise back from there

Nostalgia? Has she left!?I'm not certain who you mean, but the nostalgia was more along the lines

that the younger person working there was not as young as she used to
be.

--
roshea

Old March 26th 07, 11:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle
flyingdutch[_26_]

DaveB Wrote:

Are you sure that was FD you were with. He has preferred to use a lack
of knowledge int he past to get the jump on newbies Maybe he
realised
he wasn't capable.

DaveB

age and experience wins EVERY time fella

It was nice having a newbie who didn't totally smash us. the last few
newbies have been big 'n' nastee and good climbers. Roshea would be
approx 'mid-pack' on a more crowded BR, me thinks. I'm sure now he
knows all the tricks and when to ease off and when to go hard he'll be
16min'ish for the climb-trial

Flying"gotta lose those extra 5kg"Dutch

--
flyingdutch

Tomorrow? MMan Racing 0 July 20th 06 05:48 PM
Tomorrow Tim Mullin Racing 0 July 9th 05 03:56 PM
tomorrow - a day away 1oki General 1 April 9th 05 09:48 PM
I'll be at the pub tomorrow Not Responding UK 0 February 10th 05 08:20 PM
Tomorrow... dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers UK 2 November 9th 03 05:54 PM