Inexa C1

Old March 26th 07, 06:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Brendo

Default Inexa C1

So last time you bought a bike you had no interest in whether it was a
well made frame, if the warranty support was OK, if the maunfacturer
skimped in design or testing, or if the bike had a reputation for
quality or for falling apart after 12 months. Get real.

Actually, the statement on my post that said 'Look what components I
get for $1600' was pretty accurate. I figured all the frames in the
price I was looking were from the same factory in Taiwan (or
thereabouts) and there were not a great number of retailers selling
this model anyway. But, as you said in your reply, I have determined
to Get Real in the future. That being said, I think I got a good bike
for the price, except for the fit. Which I guess means I got a dud
bike.

I'm not asking for anyone to tell me which bike to buy, but for info on
one particular bike where I can't find info anywhere else.

That being the case, I have no experience with Inexa's, except that I
saw one in a store once.

Brendo

Old March 26th 07, 08:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

On Mar 26, 9:23 am, rdk
wrote:
Brendo Wrote:

Who made them? It's irrelavant. What you need to be able to tell is
that it is comfortable and suits you.

So last time you bought a bike you had no interest in whether it was a
well made frame, if the warranty support was OK, if the maunfacturer
skimped in design or testing, or if the bike had a reputation for
quality or for falling apart after 12 months. Get real.

You won't get that information here, you'll get the warranty info from
the LBS you're looking at, and the Inexa frame is a generic Taiwanese
job. No-one here that I'm aware of would have experience with enough
Inexas to know if it was good or junk layup of the carbon. Their
sample size is too small and I'd bet they haven't cut open the BB
shell to have a look at the quality of it. I know a few people riding
them and they seem happy with them, but I've ridden one and I hated
it. What's my opinion worth? Nothing .... I just didn't like the way
it rode and I have my own personal desires from a carbon frame that
the Inexa doesn't meet.

If you like the ride, and the warranty is one that you're happy with,
it's a good bike. Unless there's been a serious test of them (and
there almost definatly hasn't) where they've been cut up after a few
random sales and the frames tested for delamination etc, then
everything else is conjecture.

Old March 26th 07, 12:34 PM posted to aus.bicycle
rdk[_9_]

Well, thanks. I didn't mean to come across so snarky, but of course the
bikes on my list are all going to be ridden, and the best one chosen.
But "best" contains a lot of variables:
comfort/handling/materials/components/reputation/price/dealer location
+ others. I'm not going to get the perfect bike for 3K so I'll have to
compromise on some things.
Even statements such as there has been no serious test on an Inexa is
more info than I had previously, maybe even justifying a thread to get.

--
rdk

Old March 26th 07, 01:01 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

On Mar 26, 9:34 pm, rdk
wrote:
Well, thanks. I didn't mean to come across so snarky, but of course the
bikes on my list are all going to be ridden, and the best one chosen.
But "best" contains a lot of variables:
comfort/handling/materials/components/reputation/price/dealer location
+ others. I'm not going to get the perfect bike for 3K so I'll have to
compromise on some things.

You might get the perfect bike for you for $3k, it depends on your
criteria.