New Lights - Ayup

Old April 20th 07, 02:30 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Gags

Default New Lights - Ayup

"Bleve" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 20, 8:14 pm, "Gags" wrote:
"Dave A" wrote in message

I just ordered the roady kit today, but I send a curse at the designer
of that website. YOU EVIL, EVIL *******! It's -awful-

(mine are blue, btw ,, I await them with anticipation)

I only looked at the new ayup site yesterday and I agree that it is a bit
clunky compared to the old one. Took me forever to navigate around it - not
sure why the guy changed it?? The other downside is that I can no longer
access the site from work as we can't install software on the network (I
think it asked for flash 8 or something??).

Gags

Old April 20th 07, 03:32 PM posted to aus.bicycle
SomeGuy[_37_]

Isn't it illegal for them to advertise the prices excluding GST?
Although the sound that you can't turn off irritates me more.

--
SomeGuy

Old April 25th 07, 11:31 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Dave A

On Apr 20, 8:14 pm, "Gags" wrote:
"Dave A" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Apr 5, 6:21 pm, "Gags" wrote:

Thanks for tip Gags. I was looking for lights and was just about to
pay more for an inferior product. Mine arrived today. Just finished
the first charge.
First test tonight.
Love the minimalist approach.

Cheers
DaveA

Make sure you let us know what you think of them. I have been extra
motivated since I got mine and at least two mornings a week I get up at
around 0430h for an hour and a half of riding before then doing my usual
50min or so commute to work.

Out of interest, what colour did you end up getting for the lights??

Gags

I got the solid blue lights for my SS.

About the lights, my commutte is relatively well lit. However I could
still see a "nice" white light out front. What I really noticed on my
first dark commutte was that a couple of cars gave way to me from very
far away. All round I"m rapt with the new lights.

Cheers
DaveA

Old April 26th 07, 01:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle
parawolf[_21_]

SomeGuy Wrote:
Isn't it illegal for them to advertise the prices excluding GST?
Although the sound that you can't turn off irritates me more.

Not illegal, just deemed confusing for the end consumer. The ACCC
ruling is meant to be clear on the fact that what components include
GST during the final sale if the initial price does not include GST.
The recommendation to avoid any confusion is to advertise the price
including GST. It does leave them open to ACCC action but at the same
time at least they say ex-gst. Rather than just add it on blindly on
the checkout (which is illegal).

--
parawolf

Bar End lights JohnB UK 8 August 22nd 05 12:17 PM
HID lights RT Mountain Biking 0 October 14th 04 06:07 PM
Lights BrakePiston UK 0 April 29th 04 03:49 PM
Break lights turn lights and handle bar lights Truepurple Techniques 30 November 17th 03 04:02 AM
lights Simon Mason UK 2 August 17th 03 06:58 AM