run over by a ute.

Old April 11th 07, 12:20 PM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

Default run over by a ute.

On 2007-04-11, Dropbear (aka Bruce)
Duncan wrote:
Whose insurance are we talking abou? Yours (shouldn't want to screw
you) or the party at fault (will do all that is humanly possible to
screw you and all your proginy).

It is their insurance RACQ that is giving me the run around.

I'm not quite sure why that doesn't surprise me in the *slightest*.
Clueless malicious ****toids.

--
TimC
NOT A CHANCE! I know for a *fact* the kittens aren't frightened
Old April 11th 07, 11:32 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Plodder

"Bleve" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 11, 4:55 pm, "just us" wrote:
why not a Trek Travis?

Trek's warranty is to the original purchaser, and is not transferable.

I think you'll find this is common to a lot of lifetime warranties.

Does that mean if someone comes in to my shop to make a claim I have to kill
them :-P

Old April 12th 07, 12:17 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Duncan

On Apr 11, 5:41 pm, Dropbear wrote:
It is their insurance RACQ that is giving me the run around.

Do you have an insurance co that covered you for the accident that you
can sic on them?..

I think the solution in all of these situations is to avoid the "this
is a pain in the arse.. I'll just give in" solution; It's easy to do
(I've done it myself), and that's what they're hoping for.

Complain long and loud to the nearest RACQ operator you can find,
repeatedly.

Old April 12th 07, 05:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Dropbear[_2_]

Dropbear wrote:
I just heard from the insurance company ref. my bike that was damaged
last month and they are prepared to replace it for the market value with
an identical second hand one of from Ebay worth $1800.00 buy it
now.(eBay item no 270107432823)
Is this the normal way for the insurance company to pay out the claim or
am I being screwed over. The bike was barely over 12 months old and
still in warranty.

On further discussion with the RACQ assessor and advising him of the
warranty issues he has agreed to pay out the market (eBay)value of the
bike about $2000.00 minus the $200.00 auctioneers value of the bike
which I get to keep. I guess this ok as I get to buy a new carbon fiber
Felt with Dura ace/Ultegra group for only another $600.00. I guess that
this will work out alright but if there are any other points that I am
missing here please let me know.
Old April 12th 07, 05:26 AM posted to aus.bicycle
roshea[_28_]

Dropbear Wrote:
Dropbear wrote:

On further discussion with the RACQ assessor and advising him of the
warranty issues he has agreed to pay out the market (eBay)value of the
bike about $2000.00 minus the $200.00 auctioneers value of the bike
which I get to keep. I guess this ok as I get to buy a new carbon
fiber
Felt with Dura ace/Ultegra group for only another $600.00. I guess
that
this will work out alright but if there are any other points that I am
missing here please let me know.Sounds OK to me as long as you are happy with that valuation - at least

it has gone up from $1800. What was the RRP on the bike when it was
new?

$200 to get the "wreck" back also sounds OK. It cost me $300 to get my
9-day-old Ultegra stuff back from the insurance company. Apart from the
frame, only my front wheel was broken so I just bought a new frame and
wheels.

--
roshea

Old April 14th 07, 02:41 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Campag_nut

I guess that
this will work out alright but if there are any other points that I am
missing here please let me know.

Of course if I remember correctly, this is the guy that didn't see you and
nudged your bike and then basically rode over the top of your bike and was
not going to stop until he noted that there was a witness.

What a low life. I think you should kick his insurer harder to get the
extra $600. What about other out of pocket expenses?

Did you have to make calls? Travel places some other way? Lose some
accessories? Toorn bike gear? New helmet? Sustain a "whippy"??

They have more money to give you without a doubt.

Cheers,

CN

Old April 15th 07, 01:33 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Dropbear[_2_]

Campag_nut wrote:
I guess that
this will work out alright but if there are any other points that I am
missing here please let me know.

Of course if I remember correctly, this is the guy that didn't see you and
nudged your bike and then basically rode over the top of your bike and was
not going to stop until he noted that there was a witness.

What a low life. I think you should kick his insurer harder to get the
extra $600. What about other out of pocket expenses?

Did you have to make calls? Travel places some other way? Lose some
accessories? Toorn bike gear? New helmet? Sustain a "whippy"??

They have more money to give you without a doubt.

Cheers,

CN

Yes that would be one. I didn't actually think of asking for money for
other out of pocket expenses eg. traveling to work by car every day
since the Accident.
I have tried to get a new pair of shoes and pedals out of them but not
sure how this will go down as he asked me to bring the "damaged" gear
but as they they are not particularly damaged except from age and wear
and tear.
If I had known how much they were going to stuff me around I would
have claimed for a new pair of Cannibal nicks not that I have ever owned
such quality. However for the length of time I have waiting the pricks
should be more accommodating.
And now I wont be able to contact them for the next 2 weeks as I will be
on Ex. with the Army. So it will drag out for at least another month im
sure.

RACQ....wouldn't be without them....would you?
Old April 23rd 07, 05:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle
SteveA[_26_]

Duncan Wrote:
On Apr 11, 5:41 pm, Dropbear wrote:
It is their insurance RACQ that is giving me the run around.

Do you have an insurance co that covered you for the accident that you
can sic on them?..

I think the solution in all of these situations is to avoid the "this
is a pain in the arse.. I'll just give in" solution; It's easy to do
(I've done it myself), and that's what they're hoping for.

Complain long and loud to the nearest RACQ operator you can find,
repeatedly.

RACQ eh?

My Old Mum ("OM") was knocked over by an idiot coming out of a driveway
who had stopped to give way to her as she was walking along the
footpath. Idiot forgot he had stopped to give way to a pedestrian when
he saw a break in traffic and drove forward, hitting the OM.

RACQ was his insurer. They made a silly low offer to the OM. Once she
had referred the offer to her lawyer (ie me), the offer went up. Once
her lawyer talked to them, it went up again to a much more reasonable
amount.

The first offer is almost always rubbish.

The second offer is usually just reasonable.

The third offer requires a little persistence but will be far more
reasonable.

SteveA

--
SteveA