Token chainrings... opinions?

Old April 18th 07, 01:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

Default Token chainrings... opinions?

Hi all,

I'm looking for some replacement chainrings and came across these:
http://tinyurl.com/34d53g

Anyone here have experience with Token products or specifically these
chainrings??

I need a new set to replace my 9 spd 105 rings which are looking a bit
scary. Any other recommendations welcome.

Cheers,

--
Bean

"I've got a bike
You can ride it if you like
It's got a basket
A bell that rings
And things to make it look good
I'd give it to you if I could
But I borrowed it" Pink Floyd

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
Old April 18th 07, 01:40 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_67_]

Bean Long Wrote:

I need a new set to replace my 9 spd 105 rings which are looking a bit
scary. Any other recommendations welcome.

yo bean... I've got a 53 from my 105 strip down laying around. It has
a few good kms left in it. http://tinyurl.com/2lmpv7 my out of focus
shot doesn't really do it justice

--
gplama

Old April 18th 07, 01:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

gplama wrote:
Bean Long Wrote:
I need a new set to replace my 9 spd 105 rings which are looking a bit
scary. Any other recommendations welcome.

yo bean... I've got a 53 from my 105 strip down laying around. It has
a few good kms left in it. http://tinyurl.com/2lmpv7 my out of focus
shot doesn't really do it justice

Thanks Lama, I'll keep it in mind. Also looking for a 39 or thereabouts.

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
Old April 18th 07, 05:17 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

gplama wrote:

yo bean... I've got a 53 from my 105 strip down laying around. It has
a few good kms left in it. http://tinyurl.com/2lmpv7 my out of focus
shot doesn't really do it justice

Just out of interest, how many k's has it done and how much would you be
asking? It's a bit hard to tell how worn (or not!) it is in the pic.

Cheers,
--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
Old April 18th 07, 07:32 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_68_]

Bean Long Wrote:

Just out of interest, how many k's has it done and how much would you
be
asking? It's a bit hard to tell how worn (or not!) it is in the pic.

http://tinyurl.com/2e9epc Betterer pic - no idea what its worth...
mates rates, I have no use for it. The 39 is on my SS, and I'm never
going to run a 53 on that

Come grab if you like (kew), if it works well then paypal me a
donation... if it doesnt work, throw it at your neighbours cat (*ducks
and runs from cfsmtb*)

lama

--
gplama

Old April 18th 07, 12:58 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Parbs

Bean Long wrote:

Anyone here have experience with Token products or specifically these
chainrings??

Not chainrings, but the Token BB I had had bearings made from cheese.

Parbs
Old April 18th 07, 04:21 PM posted to aus.bicycle
SomeGuy[_31_]

Parbs Wrote:
Bean Long wrote:

Anyone here have experience with Token products or specifically these
chainrings??

Not chainrings, but the Token BB I had had bearings made from cheese.

Parbs

Don't say that, I just bought a Token crankset :-(.

--
SomeGuy

Old April 19th 07, 12:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

SomeGuy wrote:
Parbs Wrote:
Bean Long wrote:
Anyone here have experience with Token products or specifically these
chainrings??

Not chainrings, but the Token BB I had had bearings made from cheese.

Parbs

Don't say that, I just bought a Token crankset :-(.

Can you let me know how it goes?! :-)

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
Old April 19th 07, 12:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

gplama wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/2e9epc Betterer pic - no idea what its worth...
mates rates, I have no use for it. The 39 is on my SS, and I'm never
going to run a 53 on that

Come grab if you like (kew), if it works well then paypal me a
donation... if it doesnt work, throw it at your neighbours cat (*ducks
and runs from cfsmtb*)

Unfortunately I'm in Canberra, but I'll keep it in mind. Doesn't look
too bad in that photo. However, I'm also replacing the cassette and
chain at the same time, so a brand new set of rings would be the smart
option. Many thanks.
--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
Old April 19th 07, 01:41 AM posted to aus.bicycle
SomeGuy[_33_]

Bean Long Wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Parbs Wrote:
Bean Long wrote:
Anyone here have experience with Token products or specifically

these
chainrings??

Not chainrings, but the Token BB I had had bearings made from

cheese.

Parbs

Don't say that, I just bought a Token crankset :-(.

Can you let me know how it goes?! :-)

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Will do. It's the 200EX-AL MTB crankset but that just means if the
bearings and chainrings are no good I'll find out quicker than I would
if it was for the roady.

I actually bought it a month ago but I am not going to install it until
my new frame arrives. So hopefully I'll have some feedback on shifting
performance in a couple of weeks.

--
SomeGuy

Anyone ridden token carbon wheelsets?? chad Techniques 0 June 26th 06 12:56 AM
"Good For One Unicycle Ride" token on ebay unicycle6869 Unicycling 1 April 13th 06 04:10 PM
Token components? K2 Techniques 4 February 15th 06 12:30 AM
116 bcd Chainrings Scott Techniques 13 May 12th 05 02:30 PM
WTB Chainrings John Kulczycki Marketplace 1 March 24th 05 02:21 PM