Another newbie advice required

Old April 20th 07, 09:18 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Nowhere

Default Another newbie advice required-Thank you

Thank you
So should I buy these Raleighs They look all right

Cheers
. ..
On 2007-04-20, OzCableguy wrote:

"Joel Mayes" wrote in message
. ..

Hi, Don't be suckered by the sales staff into buying a bike with
suspension (even front suspension) in that price range it will brake
pretty quickly if fou ride often.

Bah! I bought a Giant Sedona comfort MTB for a tad over $400.00 around 2
years ago when I weighed around 150kgs and I've been hammering 20-30 kms
day into it ever since. Suspension technology has come down heaps in
price
and cheaper bikes IMHO represent surprisingly good value for money these
days.

There's a whole lota difference between a $400+ bike and a sub $200
bike which is what the OP was posting about.

heers

Joel

Old April 20th 07, 11:06 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Joel Mayes

On 2007-04-20, Nowhere wrote:
Thank you
So should I buy these Raleighs They look all right

Cheers

I'd say that's up to you, but (in my opinion anyway) if they don't
have suspension and their for casual riding they should be OK.

One thing to keep aware of in any bike is `wobbles' appearing in the
moving parts, particularly the bottom bracket (that's the bit which your
cranks connect to). This sort of unwanted movement can cause expensive
damage very quickly or, in the case of the bottom bracket, can cause
irreparable frame damage.

I'm a bit sensative about this at the moment 'cause I've had four bikes
come in to work this week with this sort of problem.

Cheers

Joel

--
Human Powered Cycles | High quality servicing
| Low cost 2nd hand bikes
www.humanpowered.com.au | Bicycle re-use centre

Advice for bicycle novices required Nowhere Australia 27 January 4th 07 08:42 AM
Tire advice required Michael Halliwell Mountain Biking 16 September 23rd 05 12:52 AM
Advice Required SRT UK 3 June 10th 04 11:40 AM
Heart Rate advice required Please flanagaj UK 9 June 3rd 04 10:00 PM
Trying to source a vertical drop out for a muddy fox alu lazer (newbie) - help required James Bentall UK 3 December 22nd 03 12:01 PM