TdF '07 - Here we go... again

Old April 20th 07, 11:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_77_]

Default TdF '07 - Here we go... again

From Eurosport...

Any riders implicated in last year's Spanish 'Operation Puerto'
anti-doping investigation will not be welcome to compete at the Tour de
France.

"Cycling cannot afford to let riders named in the case enter the Tour
if they are not cleared of suspicion," race director Christian
Prudhomme told L'Equipe.

Linky: http://tinyurl.com/37pdvt

I wonder how much cash Disco will have to pay for them to let Ivan
ride?

--
gplama

Old April 20th 07, 12:55 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Jono L[_21_]

gplama Wrote:

"Cycling cannot afford to let riders named in the case enter the Tour
if they are not cleared of suspicion," race director Christian
Prudhomme told L'Equipe.

Conversely, how can we honestly stop them racing until they are proven
guilty?

--
Jono L

Old April 20th 07, 01:13 PM posted to aus.bicycle
gravelmuncher[_37_]

gplama Wrote:
From Eurosport...
I wonder how much cash Disco will have to pay for them to let Ivan
ride?

Hmm...If Basso's case was dropped - does that mean he's been 'cleared'
of any cheating-type-thing ??

And...If 12 months down the track, and NOONE has 'copped the bust' -
how long IS the expected period that they remain 'under suspicion' ??

The doping thing sh1t's me as much as any other. But if I smoke weed,
and get 'randomly tested' by workcover, then I'm screwed - no matter
how much pastry I throw at them. If this multi-million dollar
organisation can't put a line through this crap, and get on with the
job - then WHO THE F..K CAN ??!!?? BECAUSE I'M GETTING SICK AND TIRED
OF OVERPAID F..KING BUREAUCRATS RUINING MY FUN !!!!!!!!!!

Thank CHRIST for Stuey ! !

gm

--
gravelmuncher

Old April 20th 07, 10:44 PM posted to aus.bicycle
rooman[_72_]

gravelmuncher Wrote:
snip...(about Basso )

And...If 12 months down the track, and NOONE has 'copped the bust' -
how long IS the expected period that they remain 'under suspicion' ??

...snip...(correct)

Thank CHRIST for Stuey ! !

gmExactly, and thus has AllanD also been cleared according to Prudhomme?

"suspicion"and thus ASO moaning will continue from Francais until
Prudhomme can organise a local winner of le Tour and as long as
"L'Equipe" sells papers to its doting "Publique", (so it can pay its
insiders at the Lab in Châtenay-Malabry and secreted in UCI, to "fix"
things)

--
rooman

Old April 23rd 07, 05:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gravelmuncher[_38_]

Sorry about the yelling and the potty mouth - I'd just got home from a
party, and was a little bit lubricated.

*Note to self - no forums after parties...*

gm

--
gravelmuncher

Old April 23rd 07, 12:00 PM posted to aus.bicycle

On Apr 20, 9:55 pm, Jono L Jono.L.2pc...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
gplama Wrote:

"Cycling cannot afford to let riders named in the case enter the Tour
if they are not cleared of suspicion," race director Christian
Prudhomme told L'Equipe.

Conversely, how can we honestly stop them racing until they are proven
guilty?

--
Jono L

It's not a court of law, that's why. They can set the rules as they
see fit. I could imagine a challenge in a court to such rules, but we
all know how long that would take.

Old April 25th 07, 12:26 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_87_]

From Eurosport.... (ok, so technically this is Giro talk not TdF)

Ivan Basso was suspended by his Discovery Channel team after Italian
investigators reopened a doping case against last year's Tour of Italy
winner.

"It has always been Team policy to hold our riders to the highest
standards while respecting their rights and privacy. For these reasons
we have requested that Ivan not race until we receive more information
and this issue has been resolved," said Discovery's General Manager
Bill Stapleton.

--
gplama