The BIG Issue - bikes

Old April 24th 07, 03:40 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

Default The BIG Issue - bikes

If you have $4 spare, pick up a copy of the BIG ISSUE (yellow bike
sign for the cover) - a few articles on cycling including a very
positive editorial (give that man a medal).

Donga

Old April 24th 07, 04:13 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_141_]

Donga Wrote:
If you have $4 spare, pick up a copy of the BIG ISSUE (yellow bike sign
for the cover) - a few articles on cycling including a very
positive editorial (give that man a medal).

Ah crap, thanks for the reminder, I was told to go buy a copy this week

PS. Any good?

--
cfsmtb

Old April 24th 07, 04:44 AM posted to aus.bicycle
rooman[_82_]

cfsmtb Wrote:
Ah crap, thanks for the reminder, I was told to go buy a copy this week

PS. Any good?

cool ...heading for town will lurk on a corner and see if I can spend
my $4...

This might be the BIGGEST sale issue of the BIG issue yet!
[image: http://www.bigissue.org.au/image/upload/277_BIKE.jpg]
"[image: http://www.bigissue.org.au/image/on_sale.gif]
There’s been a quiet, pedal-powered revolution on our streets in recent
years. At peak hour on inner-city cycle routes around Australia, bikes
bank up in drifts at the lights. The humble bicycle is no longer the
preserve of hippies and health freaks – sales of bicycles now exceed
cars as more Australians than ever before are pushing for a healthier
world. The Big Issue gets on its bike and investigates.

--
rooman

Old April 24th 07, 04:44 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On Apr 24, 1:13 pm, cfsmtb cfsmtb.2pi...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Donga Wrote:

If you have $4 spare, pick up a copy of the BIG ISSUE (yellow bike sign
for the cover) - a few articles on cycling including a very
positive editorial (give that man a medal).

Ah crap, thanks for the reminder, I was told to go buy a copy this week

PS. Any good?

--
cfsmtb

Not sure - the editorial is good, but the rest will be digested over a
week's lunches. The $4 is well spent even if the articles are
ordinary.

donga

Old April 24th 07, 06:56 AM posted to aus.bicycle
treadly&me[_3_]

Donga Wrote:

If you have $4 spare, pick up a copy of the BIG ISSUE (yellow bike

sign
for the cover) - a few articles on cycling including a very
positive editorial (give that man a medal).

Ah crap, thanks for the reminder, I was told to go buy a copy this

week

PS. Any good?

--
cfsmtb

Not sure - the editorial is good, but the rest will be digested over a
week's lunches. The $4 is well spent even if the articles are
ordinary.

donga

Well written feature article by Hilary Harper, but nothing really new
to anyone who hangs around here. Haven't had a squint at the rest of
the mag yet.

Reviewed the main article here 'Bike Power in The Big Issue'
(http://treadly.thingoid.com/2007/04/...he-big-issue/).

--
treadly&me

Old April 24th 07, 10:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Adam F[_3_]

Donga Wrote:

If you have $4 spare, pick up a copy of the BIG ISSUE (yellow bike sign
for the cover) - a few articles on cycling including a very
positive editorial (give that man a medal).

Ah crap, thanks for the reminder, I was told to go buy a copy this week

PS. Any good?

--
cfsmtb

Not sure - the editorial is good, but the rest will be digested over a
week's lunches. The $4 is well spent even if the articles are
ordinary.

donga

Well every time I've bought it it's been top-notch so $4 very well-spent
I'd say.

--
//Adam F
Old April 29th 07, 11:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
SteveA[_28_]

Donga Wrote:

If you have $4 spare, pick up a copy of the BIG ISSUE (yellow bike

sign
for the cover) - a few articles on cycling including a very
positive editorial (give that man a medal).
Ah crap, thanks for the reminder, I was told to go buy a copy this

week

PS. Any good?

--
cfsmtb

Not sure - the editorial is good, but the rest will be digested over

week's lunches. The $4 is well spent even if the articles are
ordinary.

donga

Well every time I've bought it it's been top-notch so $4 very
well-spent
I'd say.

--
//Adam FAlways good reading. And I like to stop to have a chat with the bloke

who sells them on the footbridge from Perth railway station to the
city.

Everyone, if you have time, stop for a chat with the seller who
provides you with your Big Issue - you'd be surprised how interesting
it can be.

SteveA

--
SteveA

Old April 29th 07, 12:38 PM posted to aus.bicycle
me[_3_]

On Apr 29, 8:12 pm, SteveA SteveA.2ps...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:

Everyone, if you have time, stop for a chat with the seller who
provides you with your Big Issue - you'd be surprised how interesting
it can be.

Finally tracked down a seller on Thursday arvo and purchased his last
three copies. He was extremely pleased with that & mentioned it was
his birthday. So I sang him Happy Birthday (with another bypasser
joining in with my off key rendition). Lovely bloke, he's in the CBD
and has his little doggie in a basket alongside.

Old April 29th 07, 11:07 PM posted to aus.bicycle
LotteBum[_45_]

me Wrote:
Finally tracked down a seller on Thursday arvo and purchased his last
three copies. He was extremely pleased with that & mentioned it was his
birthday. So I sang him Happy Birthday (with another bypasser joining in
with my off key rendition). Lovely bloke, he's in the CBD and has his
little doggie in a basket alongside.

That is so sweet! Good on you.

I bought a copy of the latest Big Issue the other day - my first. What
a fantastic read! News Ltd could score some ideas from these guys! I
might leave it lying around the office for people to read...

LH

--
LotteBum

French Uni Mag issue #4 Zzagg Unicycling 12 March 4th 07 10:16 PM
Next issue of Uni jackzm Unicycling 1 November 9th 06 01:01 AM
A serious clearance issue Mikefule Unicycling 5 July 24th 06 10:20 PM
Chainline Issue Tony B UK 3 April 1st 06 01:55 PM
hub issue (no nuts) rogeratunicycledotcom Unicycling 4 October 16th 03 09:45 PM