I Run Red Lights

Old April 24th 07, 08:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle
bob_the_rider[_2_]

Default I Run Red Lights

Since when buying my bike did it say that I had become an ambassador
for cycling?

I'm sick of hearing from "righteous riders"... im sorry, im not part
of your group and nor do I want to be. I run red lights, ride on the
footpath, and occasionally ride on the wrong side of the road. I do
what I can to get to where I am going in the quickest time and in what
I believe is safe. No-one complains when a pedestrian crosses on red,
so quit complaining when I do on my bike. And f*** those lazy,
jealous, polluting-my-air drivers who whinge at what I do. I couldn't
care less about what those ignorant and arrogant "my-road-causes-I-pay-
my-rego" dikheads think.

Sorry, not my problem. You can battle it out with them on your own.

bob

Old April 24th 07, 08:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle
SomeGuy[_40_]

bob_the_rider Wrote:
I couldn't care less about what those ignorant and arrogant
"my-road-causes-I-pay-my-rego" dikheads think.

Sorry, not my problem. You can battle it out with them on your own.

Unfortunately it kind of is when they are trying to run over and kill
you.

--
SomeGuy

Old April 24th 07, 08:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

On Apr 24, 5:14 pm, SomeGuy SomeGuy.2pj...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
bob_the_rider Wrote:

I couldn't care less about what those ignorant and arrogant
"my-road-causes-I-pay-my-rego" dikheads think.

Sorry, not my problem. You can battle it out with them on your own.

Unfortunately it kind of is when they are trying to run over and kill
you.

Don't feed the troll, please

Old April 24th 07, 08:25 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_143_]

bob_the_rider Wrote:
Self-aggrandising bollox snipped

A lame troll/shill attempt.

ignore.

--
cfsmtb

Old April 26th 07, 08:36 AM posted to aus.bicycle
bob_the_rider[_2_]

On Apr 24, 5:25 pm, cfsmtb cfsmtb.2pj...@no-
bob_the_rider Wrote:

Self-aggrandising bollox snipped

A lame troll/shill attempt.

ignore.

--
cfsmtb

"Nooo, there aren't really people out there like this! surely this is
just some troll wind up!". Sure, you shut your eyes and cover your
ears...

Well there are there are people like this, and this is no troll.

And if you feel the need to tell me off for running a red light on
swanston street - as some other cyclist felt he needed to let me know
the errs of my ways - then think again and keep your opinions to
yourself. Just because i ride a bike i am not representing the cycling
community. i ride for my own reasons and those reasons do not include
improving the image of the cyclist - i dont see why it should. I never
asked for that. and as long as i harm no one else then leave it to the
law to look after (which i doubt that they really care) and STOP being
so goddamn nerdy - what is with you people??

Old April 26th 07, 04:14 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Campag_nut

Bob,

I'm glad you wrote back. I also want to express in a non-troll-like way (if
at all posiible) that I too, on occasion like to sample the guilty delight
of running a red light. Sometimes, I do it in cotton instead of lyrca!

Why can't I be an occasional pedestrian if it gets me there? Mind you I have
never come across a castigating cyclist before either. I think my immediate
reaction would be to tell them to sod off.

Keep up the good work Bob! Now, remember to raise that middle finger as you
pass through that red light camera like a good little anarchist.

Thank you come again.

CN

Old April 26th 07, 11:16 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

bob_the_rider Wrote:

Self-aggrandising bollox snipped

A lame troll/shill attempt.

ignore.

--
cfsmtb

"Nooo, there aren't really people out there like this! surely this is
just some troll wind up!". Sure, you shut your eyes and cover your
ears...

Well there are there are people like this, and this is no troll.

And if you feel the need to tell me off for running a red light on
swanston street - as some other cyclist felt he needed to let me know
the errs of my ways - then think again and keep your opinions to
yourself. Just because i ride a bike i am not representing the cycling
community.

How's that bubble you live in?

Old April 26th 07, 11:48 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

bob_the_rider Wrote:

[...]

I agree with you, cyclists do not represent each other by the mere
fact they are all on bikes. I don't (usually) run red lights, and it
****s me to tears when people try to lump me in with you. I refuse to
take responsibility for you. It would be the same logic to lump my
honourable and law-abiding father in with bogan red-light runners in
rice boxes.

Donga

Old April 27th 07, 12:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

bob_the_rider wrote:

I'm sick of hearing from "righteous riders"... im sorry, im not part
of your group and nor do I want to be....

Then f$ck off!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
Old April 27th 07, 11:20 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Skewer

bob_the_rider wrote:
Since when buying my bike did it say that I had become an ambassador
for cycling?

I'm sick of hearing from "righteous riders"... im sorry, im not part
of your group and nor do I want to be. I run red lights, ride on the
footpath, and occasionally ride on the wrong side of the road. I do
what I can to get to where I am going in the quickest time and in what
I believe is safe. No-one complains when a pedestrian crosses on red,
so quit complaining when I do on my bike. And f*** those lazy,
jealous, polluting-my-air drivers who whinge at what I do. I couldn't
care less about what those ignorant and arrogant "my-road-causes-I-pay-
my-rego" dikheads think.

Sorry, not my problem. You can battle it out with them on your own.

bob

One word, ****!

Pete.B

HID MTB Lights ? Trevor_S Australia 3 February 26th 06 11:27 PM
Lights Doki UK 16 March 11th 04 04:52 PM
LED lights again Ben UK 4 February 15th 04 10:54 AM
Lights! Just zis Guy, you know? UK 5 January 24th 04 09:39 PM
Break lights turn lights and handle bar lights Truepurple Techniques 30 November 17th 03 04:02 AM