Crankset for fixie/SS

Old April 24th 07, 02:43 PM posted to aus.bicycle
dej

Default Crankset for fixie/SS

On Apr 24, 12:52 pm, Donga wrote:
Can anyone recommend on cranksets for a fixie/SS project, please?

I've picked up a road frameset with vertical drop-outs. I have a few
of the bits and pieces I need, and just snagged a set of wheels on
eBay with ENO hubs, so I'm nearly there. The wheelset included a 16
cog. I have an old 170 Stronglight crankset (obsolete 86 mm BCD), but
it has 40 and 50 rings and these don't yield optimal gear
combinations.

I have two BBs in my box - a square taper for the Stronglights and an
Ultegra 6500 splined - so perhaps a crankset that mates with one of
these?

Thanks muchly.

Donga

I used 'bulletproof' brand ones on mine..
got them from a USA seller on ebay
Check these ones out from the same seller
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FMF-BMX-CRANK...QQcmdZViewItem

come in various lengths and pretty cheap (they have a 110bcd) so easy
to get chainrings

Crankset for fixie/SS Donga Australia 9 April 26th 07 07:26 AM
Replace Ultegra 9sp crankset with new 10sp crankset? Bob Techniques 4 January 29th 05 06:23 PM
Replacement of MTB crankset (BB) with road crankset (BB)?! Qui si parla Campagnolo Techniques 4 July 14th 04 04:21 PM
Fixie frame found, Fuji Questions, and WTB fixie cranks, wheels,bb, seat,& rear rack Tim Lines Techniques 0 August 17th 03 09:52 PM