24hr riding in Canberra

Old April 26th 07, 08:06 AM posted to aus.bicycle
RobWoozle

Default 24hr riding in Canberra

Seems that there are TWO races now...

The Scott - at Stromlo, Oct 13/14

The MONT - at Majura, Oct 27/28

Obviously too much mountain biking is not enough!
Old April 26th 07, 08:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Parbs

RobWoozle wrote:
Seems that there are TWO races now...

Where have you been?

Obviously too much mountain biking is not enough!

That remains to be seen.

Parbs
Old April 26th 07, 12:20 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Adam F[_3_]

Parbs wrote:
RobWoozle wrote:
Seems that there are TWO races now...

Where have you been?

Obviously too much mountain biking is not enough!

That remains to be seen.

Parbs

Agreed - if you make it all the way through the first one, you'll
probably still be sore for the second!

--
//Adam F
Old April 27th 07, 12:35 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

RobWoozle wrote:
Seems that there are TWO races now...

The Scott - at Stromlo, Oct 13/14

The MONT - at Majura, Oct 27/28

Obviously too much mountain biking is not enough!

I thought this was a reference to the Tour of Canberra (starting
today!). Anyone else coming? A huge turnout expected with over 600
riders. D-grade has something like 98 riders listed. That'll be hairy
coming into the river crossings!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
Old April 27th 07, 12:01 PM posted to aus.bicycle
RobWoozle

Parbs wrote:
RobWoozle wrote:
Seems that there are TWO races now...

Where have you been?

Obviously too much mountain biking is not enough!

That remains to be seen.

Parbs

Ha! I've been geocaching - man that is fun, especially on a MTB.

Two races brings up a number of issues I can see....

-firstly, expense - the Scott isn't cheap (not commenting on value) so
another race a couple of weeks after will tax the bank balance mightily

-volunteers....you need them to run both races...challenging

-how many people want two 24hr races in a couple of weeks - might be OK
if you choose the larger team options for them I guess

I dunno which to choose either. I absolutely love riding at Majura...it
rocks. Stromlo has little or no shade but looks like a great track.
Decisions, decisions!!!!

Rob

Riding in Canberra on 29er Gags Australia 4 March 5th 07 10:37 AM
Canberra Riding Marty Mountain Biking 12 January 6th 07 02:38 PM
Er? Anyone here from Canberra? HughMann Australia 5 October 16th 06 11:43 AM
Er? Anyone here from Canberra? asterope Australia 7 October 15th 06 01:04 PM
Er? Anyone here from Canberra? Patrick Keogh Australia 0 October 15th 06 03:34 AM