The padded bit in knicks.

Old May 2nd 07, 02:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Brendo

Default The padded bit in knicks.

How high should the padded part on the front of a pair of gentleman's
knicks reach? I ask because I have a three of pairs of knicks, all of
them $40. On two of these, the padded section does not reach overly
high, and thoughtfully there is a seam running right down the middle
of the knicks. As such, I am slightly 'irritated' when I ride for any
length of time. The third pair are bibknicks which I got off ebay,
which are around 2 inches too short for my body. The padding area is
larger, but crap quality. These ones just split me up the middle.

Brendo

Old May 2nd 07, 03:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle
LotteBum[_47_]

Brendo Wrote:
These ones just split me up the middle.

Go the camel toe!!

And get some chamois cream or barrier cream. and rub it on the seam
where it rubs on your doodle. That should have you sorted in no time.

Lotte

--
LotteBum

Old May 2nd 07, 03:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle
rooman[_103_]

Brendo Wrote:
How high should the padded part on the front of a pair of gentleman's
knicks reach? I ask because I have a three of pairs of knicks, all of
them $40. On two of these, the padded section does not reach overly
high, and thoughtfully there is a seam running right down the middle
of the knicks. As such, I am slightly 'irritated' when I ride for any
length of time. The third pair are bibknicks which I got off ebay,
which are around 2 inches too short for my body. The padding area is
larger, but crap quality. These ones just split me up the middle.

Brendofor many its trial and error...best to not buy knicks sight unseen

unless you know the brand and how it's put together.

I like the two part design, you speak of, with seat pad in a moulding (
for guys and gals ( yes there is a difference)) and then a front
towelling section ( but with no seam down the middle- heh heh..camel
toe..good one Lotte!).

Search for your fit to find enough "front" to work effectively and not
be "obtrusive".

I guess, the actual height dimension depends on personal "dimension",
trial and error, if you strike it right ...woohoo!
Le Knicks have a huge range. (Sugoi, Biemme, Santini, Assos etc...not
just team stuff, and occasionally some sale items too), and not always
at the top end price wise. However, you may have to pay a lot more than
$40-ish to get the right level of "comfort"

--
rooman

Old May 2nd 07, 04:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

Brendo wrote:
How high should the padded part on the front of a pair of gentleman's
knicks reach? I ask because I have a three of pairs of knicks, all of
them $40. On two of these, the padded section does not reach overly
high, and thoughtfully there is a seam running right down the middle
of the knicks. As such, I am slightly 'irritated' when I ride for any
length of time. The third pair are bibknicks which I got off ebay,
which are around 2 inches too short for my body. The padding area is
larger, but crap quality. These ones just split me up the middle.

An extra pair of socks should cure that! :-D

BTH

Old May 2nd 07, 05:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Brendo

I guess, the actual height dimension depends on personal "dimension",
trial and error, if you strike it right ...woohoo!
Le Knicks have a huge range. (Sugoi, Biemme, Santini, Assos etc...not
just team stuff, and occasionally some sale items too), and not always
at the top end price wise. However, you may have to pay a lot more than
$40-ish to get the right level of "comfort"

--
rooman

I figured I would need to spend more

All my posts seem to be about $$. I'm not really a tigharse, honest!!

Brendo

Old May 2nd 07, 05:18 AM posted to aus.bicycle
treadly&me[_9_]

Brendo Wrote:
I'm not really a tigharse, honest!!

Well, except for when you're wearing those oh-so-sheer bibknicks...

--
treadly&me

Old May 2nd 07, 05:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Duncan

On May 2, 2:00 pm, Brendo wrote:
I guess, the actual height dimension depends on personal "dimension",
trial and error, if you strike it right ...woohoo!
Le Knicks have a huge range. (Sugoi, Biemme, Santini, Assos etc...not
just team stuff, and occasionally some sale items too), and not always
at the top end price wise. However, you may have to pay a lot more than
$40-ish to get the right level of "comfort"

--
rooman

I figured I would need to spend more

All my posts seem to be about $$. I'm not really a tigharse, honest!!

I found it was somewhat false economy to be too tight when it came to
knicks (boom boom)

I had a pair of cheapo lycra ($40?) that were comfortable enough (3m
padding etc), but tore a great big hole in them when I stacked one day
in the wet.

About a week later, I decided one stack wasn't enough and did
something very similar in my Nalini "supplex" bib shorts. Even though
I ended up with very similar road rash on my hip (other side, this
time), the knicks were undamaged: go figure.

They didn't cost me that much, either. $65 from leknicks, if I recall:
a quick look shows they still have them at that price. The padding is
somewhat different to the cheapo ones: its chamois and takes a bit of
breaking in.

Old May 2nd 07, 10:32 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Adam F[_3_]

Duncan wrote:
On May 2, 2:00 pm, Brendo wrote:
[...]

I concur. Rode for a while with $40 knicks from Sportsmans Warehouse
(like Rebel), but after I got a proper Peloton 1 pair from my LBS with
chunky big yellow panels of chamois it was muuuuch better

--
//Adam F
Old May 2nd 07, 10:44 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gravelmuncher[_39_]

LotteBum Wrote:
Go the camel toe!!
Lotte

LMFAO - that is hell funny. Dude, you just gotta reach down there and
tuck your mate outta the way when he start's complaining. Don't let a
hot-headed mate ruin a good day out I say.

If that doesn't work, there's always Etxe Ondo bib's.

gm

--
gravelmuncher

Old May 2nd 07, 11:46 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Brendo

LMFAO - that is hell funny. Dude, you just gotta reach down there and
tuck your mate outta the way when he start's complaining. Don't let a
hot-headed mate ruin a good day out I say.

But he works his way back up there again!!

Brendo

new bib knicks byron27 Australia 7 November 27th 04 12:42 PM
new bib knicks byron27 Australia 5 November 25th 04 08:54 PM
Old Knicks - What do you do with 'em? hippy Australia 6 August 27th 04 04:03 PM
Knicks fit issues (netti) aeek Australia 10 August 18th 04 06:27 AM
Trying on new Knicks Kazu Australia 3 June 21st 04 01:21 AM