26x1.25 slick tyres on a MTB

Old May 24th 07, 12:02 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Tex

Default 26x1.25 slick tyres on a MTB

"BT Humble" wrote in message
ups.com...
Tex wrote:
Say BT, it's be vaguely amusing to gather up some local aus.moto folks
for a
*pushie* ride.

Then again, it might just be my sense of humour,

You set it up, and I'll do my damnedest to get there. I can't
remember where you live, but I'll lay good odds it's as far from my
house as it's possible to get (I'm in Gordon).

OK, who of the ausmoto folks are in Canb, and might possibly be bicycle
types? Me, you, your vastly-easier-on-the-eyes lady, ZeeBee....anyone else?

Old May 24th 07, 12:05 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Tex

"BT Humble" wrote in message
ups.com...
can't
remember where you live, but I'll lay good odds it's as far from my
house as it's possible to get (I'm in Gordon).

I was in Gowrie till last nov, now I'm in Phillip

Old May 24th 07, 01:43 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Aeek

On Thu, 24 May 2007 20:41:23 +1000, "Tex"
wrote:

Say BT, it's be vaguely amusing to gather up some local aus.moto folks for a
*pushie* ride.

Then again, it might just be my sense of humour,

I'm game, then again none of my bikes have motors.
Old May 24th 07, 01:46 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Aeek

On Thu, 24 May 2007 21:02:20 +1000, "Tex"
wrote:

OK, who of the ausmoto folks are in Canb, and might possibly be bicycle
types? Me, you, your vastly-easier-on-the-eyes lady, ZeeBee....anyone else?

Zebee's in Sydney.
Old May 24th 07, 02:16 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Tex

wrote:

OK, who of the ausmoto folks are in Canb, and might possibly be bicycle
types? Me, you, your vastly-easier-on-the-eyes lady, ZeeBee....anyone
else?

Zebee's in Sydney.

Well, noone's perfect

Old May 24th 07, 02:17 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Tex

wrote:

Say BT, it's be vaguely amusing to gather up some local aus.moto folks for
*pushie* ride.

Then again, it might just be my sense of humour,

I'm game, then again none of my bikes have motors.

Mine has a third wheel.

http://www.catrike.com/speed.htm

Old May 24th 07, 11:55 PM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

Tex wrote:
"BT Humble" wrote in message
Oh, just don't make it the Queen's Birthday weekend - I'm riding my
CT90 to the Wintersun rally in Mildura.

Your MTB would be faster

I don't think *anyone* could do 50mph on my MTB.

BTH

Old May 24th 07, 11:57 PM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

wrote:

Say BT, it's be vaguely amusing to gather up some local aus.moto folks for
*pushie* ride.

Then again, it might just be my sense of humour,

I'm game, then again none of my bikes have motors.

Mine has a third wheel.

http://www.catrike.com/speed.htm

I hope you've grown a beard!

BTH
(After this morning's brisk air temperature, I've decided it's time
for my own Winter Beard).

Old May 25th 07, 12:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

On May 24, 1:30 pm, BT Humble wrote:
Reports will be filed at 09:00.

OK. They were very sticky for the first 10km, picking up little bits
of gravel and flinging them off against the downtube making a steady
plink-plink-plink noise. ;-)

As expected they roll *much* more easily than the 60psi 26x1.5" tyres
they're replacing. Obviously I've still got some drag from the dynamo
hub on the front, but I'm able to run 1 gear higher than before along
most of the commute. The ride is a bit more harsh than before, but
the cheap suspension forks and sprung seat keep the ride comfortable.

The verdict: good so far, but we'll have to wait and see how long
they last!

BTH

Old May 25th 07, 01:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle
phillip brown

On May 24, 7:11 pm, "Tex" wrote:
"BT Humble" wrote in message

oups.com...

Cheng Shin

translates into English as "Widow Makers"

This needs no translation

http://mostlymusclebikes.com/roadbike/rbt20.htm

phillip brown