I love these easterly winds

Old October 17th 03, 03:15 PM
Simon Mason

Default I love these easterly winds

"fatherted" wrote in message
My morning commute is west to east.
During the last week in London the morning Easterly wind hasn't been
_too_ strong
and the homeward leg has seen 20+ mph winds which have meant
30+mph stints along Grosvenor Road / Chelsea Embankment
with clear sunny skies . Looks like the same again tonight ( though
maybe not as windy )

I second that -but only when I'm on morning shift. When setting off at 0545
there is barely a breathe of wind and it has been great to watch
http://www.xcweather.co.uk/ at work and see the easterly wind undergo
stepped changes through the morning up to 25 mph (last Mon) when I head for
home at 1400 - fantastic!

--
Simon Mason
Anlaby

Old October 17th 03, 03:55 PM
Dave Larrington

Bah! Mine is the other way. There is naff-all wind in the morning and far
too much in the eventide. Wind is definitely a Work of Stan, even for
Darksiders.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Old October 17th 03, 05:21 PM
Drinky

"Dave Larrington" wrote in message
Bah! Mine is the other way. There is naff-all wind in the morning and

far
too much in the eventide. Wind is definitely a Work of Stan, even for
Darksiders.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Here Here! It kills me on the way home.

Old October 17th 03, 05:27 PM
Peter B

"fatherted"
said he loves easterly winds.

Possibly not as much as I do for windsurfing ;-)

Pete

Old October 17th 03, 09:31 PM
the Mark

fatherted wrote:
My morning commute is west to east.
During the last week in London the morning Easterly wind
hasn't been _too_ strong
and the homeward leg has seen 20+ mph winds which have meant
30+mph stints along Grosvenor Road / Chelsea Embankment
with clear sunny skies . Looks like the same again tonight (
though maybe not as windy )

davep

It's been great. I commute west to east down hill in the morning.
So it's nice to be blown home up the hill for a change.
--
Mark

Old October 17th 03, 10:24 PM
Richard Goodman

"fatherted" wrote in message
My morning commute is west to east.
During the last week in London the morning Easterly wind hasn't been
_too_ strong
and the homeward leg has seen 20+ mph winds which have meant
30+mph stints along Grosvenor Road / Chelsea Embankment
with clear sunny skies . Looks like the same again tonight ( though
maybe not as windy )

Bast*rd! My _evening_ commute is west to east and I'm getting fed up! It's
bad enough that my morning commutes often have the wind against me. Now the
evening commutes do too with a vengance. Bugger is all I can say!

Rich

Old October 19th 03, 12:10 AM
Adrian Boliston

"Simon Mason" wrote in message

I second that -but only when I'm on morning shift. When setting off at

0545
there is barely a breathe of wind and it has been great to watch
http://www.xcweather.co.uk/....

Not a bad website!

I like the 24 hour animation feature that shows how the temperature across
the uk varies on an hourly basis - better than the bbc temp map which just
gives a daily snapshot, presumably 12 noon.