favorite cross racer

Old October 27th 04, 11:10 PM
OKpro

erik saunders Wrote:
my favorite cross racer is Jon Hamblen... who do you guys like?...

my least favorite cross racer is Jackson Stewart.. he is a jack-ass...
they
should call him *Jackass* Stewart...

Tim Johnson is ok.. and if he raced again he would be my second
favorite cross
racer... a cross racer on whom i have no opinon is Mark McCormick...
except for
that he probably stole all the money from Jackass and thats why he
sucks
beacause he has to work a job or something to get to the races...

I would have to say that Barry Wicks is my favorite cross racer. That
guy has been paying his dues for a while and finally broke through with
a big win. After him, it would Erik Tonkin because he is a hairy beast,
plus a nice guy. Guys from the NW definetly have a leg up on everybody
else.

--
OKpro

Old October 28th 04, 03:25 PM
jerry

(TritonRider) wrote in message ...
From:
(jerry)

second svatek. cross needs more gorrilla racers. i would love to see
him in a world cup, just swatting people outa his way. it would be
cool. Just like all the czeck guys do.

You just gotta like Matt. I still can't believe that he gets uphill the way he
does either.

for pure visual appeal, TJ. He is so _pretty_ on the cross bike, in a
non homo way. very fluid, so smooth, tapping the pedals over. Wish
he would get back on it.

Except when he forgets to unclip and falls over. Not an unusual occurence from
what I've heard and seen. But your right, at speed Tim is incredible. I think
he'll be back with a vengeance next year, and maybe bring Lyne with him. That
should reshuffle the standings in a hurry.

JP is cool to watch on sick technical stuff, catching air, but not
smooth-pretty-natural with a bike under him like TJ. Sven is quite
similar in body type and style. roadie like.

JP is great, no doubt about it. For a second I thought you were talking Jeremy
Powers who's been looking pretty good too.
Bill C

Yah, this Jermemy Powers Jonathan Page thing has already become a pain
in my ass. Annoying. Powers was doing the barrier hop in Belgium.
Course, he stacked it up good too, i hear.

I was also, to clarify, comparing TJ to Sven V, not JP to Sven V.
Sven is a fast road racing kinda cross racer, and built kinda like
Tim. Both great to watch, and I for one am psyched that SV is
starting to beat the usual suspects.

On that note, Second today in Tabor. JP sucked again. Par for the
(world cup) course.

Old October 28th 04, 05:13 PM
gym gravity

OKpro wrote:

Guys from the NW definetly have a leg up on everybody

You gotta be kidding.
Old October 29th 04, 04:34 PM
Ryan Barrett

As for whom I like? My favorite is:
CHRIS DAGGS

That man is a Force to be Reckoned With.

K. Gringioni.

Dear Sir,
A couple months back the Force found his way to Utah for a stage race.
That night I wanted to show some teammates the original "Force"
posting. Unfortunately I had to wade through approximately 600 pages
where you reference him. I understand (dare I say support) your
desire to make fun of the Force, but I really think you have gotten
out of control. If I was Daggs (how many times have I said that??) I
would definitely be concerned. Stalker.

Oh yeah and on topic, my favorite 'cross racer is Bart Gillespie. You
may not know him, but he is the man. Here's why:
Nice guy
Has a job
Gets it done
I hardly know any others

Thank you.
Old October 29th 04, 11:19 PM
Steven L. Sheffield

On 10/29/2004 09:34 AM, in article
, "Ryan Barrett"
wrote:

[...]

Bart Gillespie, who hasn't lost a local Utah (non-UCI) 'cross race in
something like 3-years ... Until last week, when Chris Pietrzak, who's been
pushing Bart all season, finally got the better of him.

Bart still got second, though, by a significant margin over 3rd place.

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

Old October 30th 04, 01:32 PM
pedalchick

erik saunders Wrote:
my favorite cross racer is Jon Hamblen... who do you guys like?...

my least favorite cross racer is Jackson Stewart.. he is a jack-ass...
they
should call him *Jackass* Stewart...

Tim Johnson is ok.. and if he raced again he would be my second
favorite cross
racer... a cross racer on whom i have no opinon is Mark McCormick...
except for
that he probably stole all the money from Jackass and thats why he
sucks
beacause he has to work a job or something to get to the races...

I like these guys just because...
http://www.pbase.com/dens/image/35625288

No, seriously, tom vannoppen is my new fav after superprestige #2.
He's so cute!
http://www.cyclingnews.com/cross.php...mmezogge/LCcn2

--
pedalchick

Old November 1st 04, 04:09 AM
pedalchick

pedalchick Wrote:
I like these guys just because...
http://www.pbase.com/dens/image/35625288

No, seriously, tom vannoppen is my new fav after superprestige #2.
He's so cute!
http://www.cyclingnews.com/cross.php...mmezogge/LCcn2

!! I picked him as favorite for being so adorable and he MUST have
been inspired by reading this, because he won superprestige #3.
I can just see the interview now...

Now if only cyclingnews.com would add some pics to the page so I can
see those awesome dimples on the top step of the podium! Jeff?

--
pedalchick