Why don't you pussies

Old November 17th 04, 03:39 AM
Tom Kunich

"MagillaGorilla" wrote in message
Tom Kunich wrote:
MagillaGorilla wrote in message

Cary Ellis's science is a lot better than the Kangaroos who said their
test is 100% infallible.

Who the hell is Cary Ellis?

DNA tests took years to be accepted because they needed to be reassured
all the false positives were worked out. Innocent people went to jail
over false positives for DNA tests.

Duh! There is no "false positives" because that isn't the way the DNA
analysis works.

Maybe you ought to know a little something about the things that you
want to talk about.

Sorry, I meant Kary Mullis, I keep forgetting his name. He's the guy who
invented the technique called PCR (polymerase chain reaction).

Kary worked for Cetus and left a little after I got there. I was told that
he was so drugged up all the time that he was a danger to himself.

And yes, there were false positives with DNA, loser. You obviously don't
know how it works.

As a clue - I designed the power supply for the first and second generation
thermocyclers that makes the process possible. I just may have a little more
knowledge of the science than you do.

The false positives were based on insufficient statistics for certain gene
loci. So people were convicted based on DNA matches to what were really
gene loci that were fairly common in the population. It took years to get
enough statistics to make the DNA test false positive rate in the "1 in
3.5 billion" range.

What you are suggesting that the test gives "false positives" because people
don't know what they're looking at. Figures.

So you can drop your little condescending lecture, Tom.

For you, never a quicky, always a longy.