Drugs, Barry Bonds ans awards

Old November 15th 04, 09:06 PM
TritonRider

Default Drugs, Barry Bonds ans awards

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1923385
More proof that nobody really gives a **** what kind of drugs you're taking
except when they can get a story out of it. I wonder how many of these assholes
who voted him first also were the ones writing the stories about how he's a
cheat and should have his records stripped?
Bill C
Old November 16th 04, 12:12 AM
Sierraman

"TritonRider" wrote in message
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1923385
More proof that nobody really gives a **** what kind of drugs you're

taking
except when they can get a story out of it. I wonder how many of these

assholes
who voted him first also were the ones writing the stories about how he's

cheat and should have his records stripped?
Bill C

Wonder what the Babe would say? Babe's records were made in less time then
Hank Arron I believe, and how about being a pitcher too! So how long did the
cheaters take to break the records of Ruth and others? This guy the Babe
makes me wonder how well he would of done if he had a very disciplined
career without all the booze and women. I just wonder how many more years he
would of played and how many homers he would of hit? Can you imagine what
the Babe would say about some of this crap those cheaters use today?
Everyone is always saying this and that about how much better and faster
athletes are today, but if you take away the drugs, you might want to
rethink that. Breaking old historic records by cheating, how pathetic is
that?

I hate baseball today anyway! I used to like it in the old days, games at
Dodger stadium when Sandy Koufax Don Drysdale were pitching and tickets were
a few bucks and players weren't necessarily playing for the big money. Maybe
it's good that cycling isn't too big of a sport either or I might start
hating it as well! At least with cycling the fans aren't paying for pricy
tickets to watch cheaters win. It's still free and fun to watch! I suppose
someday they may come up with a way to make fans pay to see races roadside,
have fun enforcing it!

B-

Old November 16th 04, 12:38 AM
Curtis L. Russell

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:12:50 -0800, "Sierraman"
wrote:

I hate baseball today anyway! I used to like it in the old days, games at
Dodger stadium when Sandy Koufax Don Drysdale were pitching and tickets were
a few bucks and players weren't necessarily playing for the big money. Maybe
it's good that cycling isn't too big of a sport either or I might start
hating it as well!

Well, you can get most of that from minor league baseball. Once you
accept that the early winners will be the late losers as players
migrate up and back from the next level up, you can relax and enjoy
the game relatively cheaply.

Only the ones that started drugs way back in grade school look other
than human. The rest are still growing.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Old November 16th 04, 02:59 AM
Carl Sundquist

"Sierraman" wrote in message

I hate baseball today anyway! I used to like it in the old days, games at
Dodger stadium when Sandy Koufax Don Drysdale were pitching and tickets
were
a few bucks and players weren't necessarily playing for the big money.
Maybe
it's good that cycling isn't too big of a sport either or I might start
hating it as well! At least with cycling the fans aren't paying for pricy
tickets to watch cheaters win. It's still free and fun to watch! I suppose
someday they may come up with a way to make fans pay to see races
roadside,
have fun enforcing it!

Like when Juan Marichal used Koufax' catcher John Roseboro for batting
practice?

Old November 16th 04, 03:00 AM
Luke

In article , TritonRider
wrote:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1923385
More proof that nobody really gives a **** what kind of drugs you're taking
except when they can get a story out of it. I wonder how many of these
assholes
who voted him first also were the ones writing the stories about how he's a
cheat and should have his records stripped?
Bill C

Question: Does MLB have a policy against steroid use? Though steroids
may be illegally obtained and used, does a steroid user contravene MLB
rules? ie. Is Bonds technically a cheat as defined by MLB?

thanks
luke

Old November 16th 04, 03:12 AM
TritonRider

From: "Sierraman"

Wonder what the Babe would say? Babe's records were made in less time then
Hank Arron I believe, and how about being a pitcher too! So how long did the
cheaters take to break the records of Ruth and others? This guy the Babe
makes me wonder how well he would of done if he had a very disciplined
career without all the booze and women. I just wonder how many more years he
would of played and how many homers he would of hit?

Mickey mantle is the poster child for this. I really don't think that getting
plastered every night at the bars and raising hell until 5am helped his career.

I hate baseball today anyway! I used to like it in the old days, games at
Dodger stadium when Sandy Koufax Don Drysdale were pitching and tickets were
a few bucks and players weren't necessarily playing for the big money.

The most fun I've had in baseball was going to a ton of Tacoma Rainiers games
while we were there. They had great promotions and discounts, on top of great
ticket prices already, that let us go with a couple of young kids. We could
watch the games until the youngest got cranky and head home while catching the
rest on the radio. It was a fantastic family thing to do, and we were the only
ones in the stadium when they announced the Derek Lowe/Jason Varitek to Boston
trade. 'Tek was catching that day.

At least with cycling the fans aren't paying for pricy
tickets to watch cheaters win. It's still free and fun to watch!

That's another reason that 'cross rules. I haven't been able to do **** this
year. I helped out a bit in the morning setting up at the CSI, but really
didn't do ****. I got the Kids course set up and all the stuff there, but had
to go back home for a while, before coming back to breakdown.
Fantastic job by the folks again this year.
Bill C

Bettini on drugs? Gary Racing 74 August 19th 04 01:44 AM
OT Humour - Darwin Awards MartinM UK 18 July 26th 04 11:42 PM
BBC: Drugs In Sport B. Lafferty Racing 0 July 28th 03 04:19 PM