An Open Letter to President Bush

Old November 17th 04, 03:57 AM
Tom Kunich

"Tom Paterson" wrote in message
From: "Chas"

Without all the unfortunate hyperbole, it's pretty much true.
Illegals come here with the knowledge that the burden of proving they're
illegal rests on us; that they can declare 'refugee status', that a
criminal
charge gets a freebie lawyer, and the process is glacial at best.
The ACLU has a very limited agenda, and their intentions can be very
questionable- depending on what you think they're about.

The ACLU defended Rush Limbaugh.

Getting that asshole off was very questionable IMHO, I'll agree with you
there.

Let me see if I understand you correctly - if the ACLU defends one right
winger it nullifies their actions in 98% of their other cases which are
strictly left wing issues.

Old November 17th 04, 08:42 AM
Gunner

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:37:55 -0800, Andy Gale
wrote:

Myo Jorn wrote:
The real problem is the ACLU. Because every
illegal-midnight-border-crosser knows that he has a lawyer in the US
ready and willing to fight for him. Of course the ACLU does a lot of
other heinous stuff to undermine American freedom,

This might be the stupidest thing I've ever read on usenet.

Andy

Hang out on misc.survivalism when the lefty trolls pop in. You will be
amazed at just how many stupid people there are on the Left.

Im frankly amazed that they can even turn on their computers. Though
to be fair..most of them are posting from the Home, and their keepers
may do it for them.

Gunner

Come shed a tear for Michael Moore-
Though he smirked and lied like a two-bit whore
George Bush has just won another four.
Poor, sad little Michael Moore

Diogenes

Old November 17th 04, 08:43 AM
Gunner

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 20:05:48 -0700, "Chas"
wrote:

"Andy Gale" wrote
The real problem is the ACLU. Because every
illegal-midnight-border-crosser knows that he has a lawyer in the US
ready and willing to fight for him. Of course the ACLU does a lot of
other heinous stuff to undermine American freedom,

This might be the stupidest thing I've ever read on usenet.

Without all the unfortunate hyperbole, it's pretty much true.
Illegals come here with the knowledge that the burden of proving they're
illegal rests on us; that they can declare 'refugee status', that a criminal
charge gets a freebie lawyer, and the process is glacial at best.
The ACLU has a very limited agenda, and their intentions can be very
questionable- depending on what you think they're about.

Chas

The ACLU tends to ignore immigration issues for the most part. Of
course they totally ignore the 2nd amendment..so there is precedent.

Its the Lefty state lawyers and judicial activist judges that are the
biggest problem.

Old November 17th 04, 11:40 AM
Steven L. Sheffield

On 11/16/2004 08:57 PM, in article
, "Tom Kunich"

From: "Chas"

Without all the unfortunate hyperbole, it's pretty much true.
Illegals come here with the knowledge that the burden of proving they're
illegal rests on us; that they can declare 'refugee status', that a
criminal
charge gets a freebie lawyer, and the process is glacial at best.
The ACLU has a very limited agenda, and their intentions can be very
questionable- depending on what you think they're about.

The ACLU defended Rush Limbaugh.

Getting that asshole off was very questionable IMHO, I'll agree with you
there.

Let me see if I understand you correctly - if the ACLU defends one right
winger it nullifies their actions in 98% of their other cases which are
strictly left wing issues.

Yeah.

The ACLU should be vilified for trying to stop the US Government for putting
American citizens of Japanese descent into internment camps during World War
II.

The ACLU should be vilified for defending the Nazis that wanted to march
through Skokie, Illinois in 1977, along with various other hate groups on
First Amendment grounds.

The ACLU should be vilified for defending Lt. Col. Oliver North, who was
convicted on the basis of coerced testimony, in violation of his Fifth
Amendment rights against self-incrimination.

The ACLU should be vilified for supporting the idea of corporate personhood,
wherein corporations enjoy the same protection under the Bill of Rights as
does an actual person.

The ACLU should be vilified for defending religious groups whose activities
have been restricted by various communities throughout the nation, such as
the Jehovah's Witnesses, the Mormons (LDS), Muslims, etc.

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

Old November 17th 04, 11:40 AM
Steven L. Sheffield

Old November 17th 04, 01:16 PM

Stop already. Go find yourselves a reg.politics for nasty trolls
site. Leave this one alone. Please!!!

Maryann

"Anything can be anywhere!"