Armstrong and Moser criticize Lance

Old November 19th 04, 02:51 AM
Charles Hizark

Default Armstrong and Moser criticize Lance

(http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...ov04/nov19news)

"Armstrong is a cannibal, but only at the Tour," said the man
nicknamed The Cannibal for his ferocious appetite for victory. "If I
raced with a medicine dropper like him, I'd have won the Tour for at
least twenty years. I've always criticised Lance because he gives
little back to cycling."

Evidently, Italian great Francesco Moser isn't very impressed with
Armstrong's fifth Velo d'Or, saying, "(For me) Cunego in first place;
I don't even consider Armstrong, even if he's really great in the
Tour. If every rider (rode) like him, cycling would have to close up
shop tomorrow." "
Old November 19th 04, 02:58 AM
Frank Drackman

"Charles Hizark" wrote in message
om...
(http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...ov04/nov19news)

"Armstrong is a cannibal, but only at the Tour," said the man
nicknamed The Cannibal for his ferocious appetite for victory. "

I think that the subject header should read Merckx and Moser.

Old November 19th 04, 04:16 AM
Tom Kunich

"Frank Drackman" wrote in message

"Charles Hizark" wrote in message
om...
(http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...ov04/nov19news)

"Armstrong is a cannibal, but only at the Tour," said the man
nicknamed The Cannibal for his ferocious appetite for victory. "

I think that the subject header should read Merckx and Moser.

Merckx and Moser are going to tell Armstrong how to win a Tour?

Let's face it, if Eddy and Franco were racing today they'd be specializing
just like Lance. In their day they were great but times were different.
There were only two or three people that had a real shot at winning a Tour
or a Classic. Times have changed and natural talent is now being surpassed
by scientific training methods that put ten to twenty guys in a race that
could conceivably win.

Times change and so do strategies. A good example is Axel. He tests
stronger, faster and more enduring than his father and yet can win only on
the rarest occassion.

Today's racers can only be judged by their results in their time.

Old November 19th 04, 04:24 AM
Dave H

"Tom Kunich" wrote in message
nk.net...

snip

Times change and so do strategies. A good example is Axel. He tests
stronger, faster and more enduring than his father and yet can win only on
the rarest occassion.

Mindset has a lot to do with it, bicycle racing is about suffering, Papa
Merckx probably had the better mindset for it

Dave

Old November 19th 04, 04:50 AM
Philip W. Moore, Jr.

Confession...I'm too slow to get the medicine dropper reference and hope
that isn't a doping accusation. Please tell me how slow I am.

"Dave H" wrote in message

"Tom Kunich" wrote in message
nk.net...

snip

Old November 19th 04, 05:32 AM
psycholist

"Philip W. Moore, Jr." wrote in message
Confession...I'm too slow to get the medicine dropper reference and hope
that isn't a doping accusation. Please tell me how slow I am.

Same here. I don't quite follow, either. Also, I thought Eddy and Lance
were buds. I know they had a brief falling-out when Eddy didn't like Lance
attacking Axel's lead at Amstel or Liege or one of those a couple years
back. But I thought they got beyond that.

Maybe Eddy and Greg have struck up a friendship.

Bob C.