Gavere cyclocross video

Old November 23rd 04, 03:04 PM
Amit

Ewoud Dronkert wrote in message . ..
Fourth Superprestige race of the season, in the Flemish town of Gavere.
I caught the last lap on Dutch tv:
http://www.phys.uu.nl/~dronkert/tmp/...vere_final.mpg (65 MB
6:41).

yeah thanks again.

nys really does win with horsepower. he attacked right after the long run.

i noticed ricardo vdv won the jrs again.
Old November 23rd 04, 03:53 PM
Bob Schwartz

davetowle wrote:
Thanks so much, this is the only real cross I ever see, you are doing a
huge service to cycling fans, and of course earning a karma rebate...

In contrast to the huge karma deficit that Van der Poel is
accumulating for ****canning the barriers.

Thanks to Ewoud.

**** You to Adri.

Bob Schwartz

Old November 23rd 04, 06:07 PM
Robert Chung

Woogoogle wrote:
OK, now I want to learn Dutch, just so I can understand what these
folks are saying.

Here's a start:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...s .wanadoo.nl

--
Still a proud member of the reality-based community.

Old November 23rd 04, 08:21 PM
Bob Schwartz

Robert Chung wrote:
Woogoogle wrote:
OK, now I want to learn Dutch, just so I can understand what these
folks are saying.

Here's a start:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...s .wanadoo.nl

Van der Poel is a guppekop!

Bob Schwartz

Old November 23rd 04, 09:26 PM
James P. Spooner

"Ewoud Dronkert" wrote in message
Fourth Superprestige race of the season, in the Flemish town of Gavere.
I caught the last lap on Dutch tv:
http://www.phys.uu.nl/~dronkert/tmp/...vere_final.mpg (65 MB
6:41).

Thanks for the post. I think I can understand quite a bit; "Groenendaal
wants absolutely to get by..." "Nys has won all one can win in cross" eh?!
I think if you have a handle on German you can understand lots of Dutch.
Very cool.

James (Dutch language fan)

Old November 23rd 04, 09:50 PM
Stewart Fleming

James P. Spooner wrote:

I think if you have a handle on German you can understand lots of Dutch.
Very cool.

The nice lady in Heerlen whom I asked directions from (to the Amstel
Gold start) in German in 1993 quite politely told me where the border
was and suggested that if I wasn't familiar with Dutch, then English was
preferable to German.

But as far as comprehension goes, you may have a point.

Galibier ride video roadswag Racing 0 February 13th 04 10:29 PM
Galibier ride video roadswag Techniques 0 February 13th 04 10:29 PM
video producer seeking bicycle stunt riders for how-to video production David Welch General 0 February 5th 04 11:30 PM
Video producer seeking bicycle mechanic for how-to video production David Welch General 0 February 5th 04 11:30 PM
Need Video Advice zach_jucha Unicycling 4 September 26th 03 09:36 PM