will lance try a giro-vuelta double? a couple times?

Old November 22nd 04, 08:51 AM
remove the polite word to reply

Default will lance try a giro-vuelta double? a couple times?

skipping the tour- his best bet to try to get near Eddy
Old November 22nd 04, 12:33 PM
Jonathan v.d. Sluis

"remove the polite word to reply" schreef in
bericht om...
skipping the tour- his best bet to try to get near Eddy

I don't think Armstrong could win two GT's in one year. Not in any
combination, actually. That's not to say he's a lousy cyclist (which would
be a rather stupid point to try to make), but it has to do with the way he
prepares and approaches races.

Moreso, I think Armstrong is very aware of his own abilities and will
therefore not try something at which he is likely to fail.

Old November 24th 04, 03:40 AM

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 20:39:13 GMT, Boyd Speerschneider
wrote:

(remove the polite word to reply) wrote in
. com:

skipping the tour- his best bet to try to get near Eddy

Unless I missed something, I don't think Lance is going to Italy anytime
soon.

Not unless he wants to get arrested at the airport in front of a bunch of
cameras and reporters.

- Boyd S.

Not to mention, when is his team ever in the giro? USPS, that is, but
Ican't see Discovery being selected. I wonder if he'd really want to
do the giro anyways. There are almost no time trials in the giro- it's
for the pure climbers. Not exclusively, of course, as we all know Eddy
wasn't what we'd call a pure climber, but he was just another species
altogether.

Old November 24th 04, 10:53 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 21:40:03 -0500, wrote:

Not to mention, when is his
team ever in the giro?

This year. If the Pro Tour goes ahead as planned they have to ride
it.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit
http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

Old November 24th 04, 10:53 PM
B. Lafferty

"John Forrest Tomlinson" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 21:40:03 -0500, wrote:

Not to mention, when is his
team ever in the giro?

This year. If the Pro Tour goes ahead as planned they have to ride
it.

JT

Aren't the three major tours still not in the Pro Tour?

L.A. Confidential Excerpt 'Dis Guy Racing 3 October 10th 04 05:31 AM
who is 64.12.116.134? CowPunk Racing 21 September 28th 04 06:28 AM
How much is Nike profitting Jiyang Chen Racing 48 August 11th 04 03:18 PM
Lance comments on Wilson Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer Racing 2 March 2nd 04 03:53 AM