Paris - Nice 2005. Spectating tips?

Old February 16th 05, 08:28 PM
David Hill

Default Paris - Nice 2005. Spectating tips?

Ok,

So I've figured out that the race starts in Issy and how to get there
from downtown Paris.

Now, I'm hoping to find more specific info such as:

* What time does the race start?

* Does one need to be there hours early to get a good viewing spot? How
long will the race be? one minute splits -- 3 hours?

* Is it worth showing up early, i.e. are the riders hanging around the
team buses, etc.?

* Is there are website with a map of the prologue route? www.letour.fr
doesn't seem to have too much online.

Thanks,
dave.
Old February 16th 05, 08:42 PM
MagillaGorilla

David Hill wrote:

Ok,

So I've figured out that the race starts in Issy and how to get there
from downtown Paris.

Now, I'm hoping to find more specific info such as:

* What time does the race start?

* Does one need to be there hours early to get a good viewing spot? How
long will the race be? one minute splits -- 3 hours?

* Is it worth showing up early, i.e. are the riders hanging around the
team buses, etc.?

* Is there are website with a map of the prologue route? www.letour.fr
doesn't seem to have too much online.

Thanks,
dave.

What kind of gay question is this? Go to Nice if you want to see the
finish.

Magilla
Old February 16th 05, 11:18 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:42:50 -0500, MagillaGorilla
wrote:

What kind of gay question is this?
Go to Nice if you want to see the
finish.

Your response is a classic example of what sucks about RBR. A guy
asks a good, racing-related question and gets an obnoxious answer.
Save the obnoxious stuff for stupid and off-topic posts.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old February 17th 05, 12:06 AM
MagillaGorilla

wrote:

What kind of gay question is this?
Go to Nice if you want to see the
finish.

Your response is a classic example of what sucks about RBR. A guy
asks a good, racing-related question and gets an obnoxious answer.
Save the obnoxious stuff for stupid and off-topic posts.

JT

It's a gay question because:

1. The riders go by you in a matter of seconds - what ****ing difference
would it make where you stand?

2. Stand on a ****ing hill if you want to get them going slower, but
isn't that obvious (does he really need someone in here to tell him that?)

It's just a gay question. It's like all those people (also gay) who
come in here and ask where the best place to stand is during the Tour de
France - like who the **** cares/knows where you should stand.

Like there's somebody in here who knows exactly where THE BEST place to
stand is.

I have to keep these posters in-line, JT.

Magilla
Old February 17th 05, 12:37 AM
Musashi

wrote:

David Hill wrote:

Ok,

So I've figured out that the race starts in Issy and how to get there
from downtown Paris.

Now, I'm hoping to find more specific info such as:

* What time does the race start?

* Does one need to be there hours early to get a good viewing spot? How
long will the race be? one minute splits -- 3 hours?

* Is it worth showing up early, i.e. are the riders hanging around the
team buses, etc.?

* Is there are website with a map of the prologue route? www.letour.fr
doesn't seem to have too much online.

Thanks,
dave.

What kind of gay question is this? Go to Nice if you want to see the
finish.

Magilla

Hey, I didn't know you were a homophobe too! I thought you were just
an asshole.

Musashi
Old February 17th 05, 12:40 AM
Andrew F Martin

The start of a stage might actually be cool. I saw the start of San
Sebastian one year and it was really cool. Many of the US riders were
very approachable at the barriers - mostly because my wife and I were
the only english speakers around. From my experience, if it's not the
Tour - it's pretty easy to get close.

As for during the race - I agree with Magilla. Feed zones are
interesting to grab a mussette or something, but otherwise they are
going by so fast you don't know who's who. Hills are obviously good -
and the later in the day the better as only the opportunists will make
a move early. Last climb is usually the best to see the most spread
out racing.

go Jens.
-a

Old February 17th 05, 01:21 PM

MagillaGorilla wrote:

It's a gay question because:

1. The riders go by you in a matter of seconds - what ****ing

difference
would it make where you stand?

2. Stand on a ****ing hill if you want to get them going slower, but

isn't that obvious (does he really need someone in here to tell him

that?)

It's just a gay question. It's like all those people (also gay) who
come in here and ask where the best place to stand is during the Tour

de
France - like who the **** cares/knows where you should stand.

Take it easy man. I didn't ask where to stand. I asked for basic
information about the prologue, like when it starts, what the route is,
etc.

D.

Old February 17th 05, 01:34 PM
B Lafferty

wrote in message
oups.com...

MagillaGorilla wrote:

It's a gay question because:

1. The riders go by you in a matter of seconds - what ****ing

difference
would it make where you stand?

2. Stand on a ****ing hill if you want to get them going slower, but

isn't that obvious (does he really need someone in here to tell him

that?)

It's just a gay question. It's like all those people (also gay) who
come in here and ask where the best place to stand is during the Tour

de
France - like who the **** cares/knows where you should stand.

Take it easy man. I didn't ask where to stand. I asked for basic
information about the prologue, like when it starts, what the route is,
etc.

D.

Visit The Monkey Bar in Philly, http://www.monkeybarphilly.com/ , and ask
for Andrew, Bill or Rob. They'll tell you all you need to know. Good luck.

Old February 17th 05, 05:15 PM
MagillaGorilla

B Lafferty wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

MagillaGorilla wrote:

[...]

I have underestimated Brian. Too bad the COMMANDER isn't racing this
season - he could have used more secret agents like Life of Brian.

Drinks are on the house,

Magilla
Old February 17th 05, 08:12 PM
k.papai

Damn those flash-dominated Websites SUCK!!

-Ken