Robbie V. Doping no problem

Old February 17th 05, 10:19 PM
Rik Van Diesel

Default Robbie V. Doping no problem

So Crit Pro what do you have to say about Robbie interview is
cyclingnews where he states "I never believed domestically there were
ever any issues - I honestly never believed it. In my mind I thought
that there wasn't enough to gain... even in Europe, I thought to myself
maybe there is one or two outsiders doing it"

So all your talk and Matt is just a bunch of bull****..

RVD

http://www.cyclingnews.com/riders/20...e_ventura05pt1

Old February 18th 05, 12:28 AM
B Lafferty

"Rik Van Diesel" wrote in message
ups.com...
So Crit Pro what do you have to say about Robbie interview is
cyclingnews where he states "I never believed domestically there were
ever any issues - I honestly never believed it. In my mind I thought
that there wasn't enough to gain... even in Europe, I thought to myself
maybe there is one or two outsiders doing it"

So all your talk and Matt is just a bunch of bull****..

RVD

http://www.cyclingnews.com/riders/20...e_ventura05pt1

Robbie did not say there was no doping in US racing. Your selective quote
is incomplete (you wouldn't intentionally distort what someone says but
selective quoting, would you?) and left out the significant part, to wit,
"But in life there are going to be people who are going to cheat, to take a
shortcut and beat the system. Michael Milkin in the bond market, Martha
Stewart! There are going to be cheaters in everything we do. I think the
people who cheat in cycling are getting caught, which is a good thing. They
are getting caught on a regular basis and it is hopefully going to be
stopped. I don't think people cheat in cycling more. I think it is hugely
exposed. The cycling media has a huge obsession with it, so any time it
happens they go nuts. In other sports, the media is not as insane about
positive drug tests. Our sport is more vigorous in out-of-sport testing and
athletes in cycling get caught more than in other sports."

I also noted this earlier in the interview,
"Last year I had talked to him about a couple of different things. I've
been lucky in my life to be exposed to a lot of great coaches - Rene Wenzel,
Doug Close, and a bunch of different people. And I'm like a sponge when it
comes to [coaching], I love it! Training, coaching and racing, the
physiological side, the performance side, the tactical side - I love it
all."

Wenzel...........aren't one or both of the Wenzels involved in a legal
action in Federal Court brought by a former national team junior who claims
he was injected with doping products while under Wenzel's care and
supervision? Anyone know what the status of that action is?

Old February 18th 05, 12:46 AM
Rik Van Diesel

B Lafferty wrote:
Your selective quote
is incomplete (you wouldn't intentionally distort what someone says

but
selective quoting, would you?)

Yes I would, but I think if you read the whole paragraph he isn't
filled with the sentiment that the whole peloton is juiced and there is
no chance to win mentality of some folks.

RVD

Old February 18th 05, 12:59 AM
B Lafferty

"Rik Van Diesel" wrote in message
oups.com...

B Lafferty wrote:
Your selective quote
is incomplete (you wouldn't intentionally distort what someone says

but
selective quoting, would you?)

Yes I would, but I think if you read the whole paragraph he isn't
filled with the sentiment that the whole peloton is juiced and there is
no chance to win mentality of some folks.

RVD

Then it's good that I clarified your selective quote with the remainder of
what he said on the topic. Clearly, Robbie hasn't said that there is no
doping problem in cycling as your header incorrectly states.

Old February 18th 05, 01:12 AM
Rik Van Diesel

I said no problem, not no doping.

Old February 18th 05, 04:38 PM
MagillaGorilla

Rik Van Diesel wrote:

So Crit Pro what do you have to say about Robbie interview is
cyclingnews where he states "I never believed domestically there were
ever any issues - I honestly never believed it. In my mind I thought
that there wasn't enough to gain... even in Europe, I thought to myself
maybe there is one or two outsiders doing it"

So all your talk and Matt is just a bunch of bull****..

RVD

http://www.cyclingnews.com/riders/20...e_ventura05pt1

Dude,

Kenny isn't going to attack one of his former Postal teammates. Get real.

Thanks,

Magilla
Old February 19th 05, 04:50 AM

does anyone really think kenny labbe is critpro? I don't really know
him, but the
few times I talked to the guy - I just can't even imagine him writing
this stuff,
I mean he's really polite, like Canadian polite. Also, just from
talking to him
I'd imagine he has more of a life then spending hours antagonizing
pappy and writing
strange diatribes about cowpunk and lesser known riders like d'antoni.
and him and ventura were like frick and frack the last few years, you'd
think
they'd have similar ideas about the doping problem.
also, I think postal would NEVER sign a dude with those kind of issues,

in fact it's probably why USPS signed Ventura and Labbe, they
are not exactly controversial personalities. (along with the hey
look he used to be a postal carrier shtick)
critpro isn't Labbe, no way. the USPS computer evidence was compelling,

but maybe Decanio drove his Kawasaki crotchrocket to the post office
in the middle of the night, used a grappling hook and scaled the walls
in his ninja suit,
hacked into the USPS computer, and made it look like kenny.
I think it's:
1 - a carney, I don't know which one, but I always get them mixed up
anyway.
2 - a socal pro, on one of those socal D3 teams, or maybe from last
years
ofoto team, nobody really knows that much about all those little cali
races
unless you're a local. probably a dude who isn't winning anything and
thinks it's because everyone else is on dope. the socal scene is
infused
with old school tijuana dope too.
3 - a denver colorado or boulder based pro on jelly belly last year.
the people who bid on decanios letter would be my prime suspect.

a bunch of people said they knew who it was, how about telling the rest

of us who aren't so in the loop or enlightened?

Old February 19th 05, 05:44 AM
Gorilla Critter

a bunch of people said they knew who Crit Pro was, how about telling
the rest of us who aren't so in the loop or enlightened?

Mike,
Please read this:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...b28f5969ba9371

And bear in mind that if he goes away you'll lose some of the real
skinny on the USPRO scene that you'd never be able to get otherwise.
You can like or dislike his posts but there is some truth in them. It
really doesn't matter who he is or is not

MC

Old February 19th 05, 12:57 PM

MC
Please consider how much of a good source of real skinny I can be when
I am willing and able to lie about anything that suits me. In reality I
sandwich pearls of wisdom amidst massive amounts of **** just to
obfuscate the truth.

BTW you beat me on several occasions in races - I suspect you may be on
drugs.
crit PRO