Neil Mitchell

Old July 17th 06, 11:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Euan

Default Neil Mitchell

Out of curiosity I checked the highlights MP3 from today's show. There
was one outake about cycling:

Caller: Now I'm a sensible road user, I'm aware of cars but in five
minutes I've been nearly written off on three separate occasions and on
the return journey I had three car doors opened on me so how can you say
that normal motorists are considerate towards cyclists?

Neil Mitchell: Oh well it must have been your fault

Caller: Oh oh clearly must have been *chuckles*

Neil Mitchell: Well I tell you something,

Caller: *inaudible*when I had right of way?

Neil Mitchell: you must have done something wrong if in the space of
five (corrects himself) in a matter of minutes you've had six incidents.

Nice to have the media onside eh?
--
Cheers
Euan
Old July 17th 06, 11:36 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Alan Erskine

"Euan" wrote in message
Out of curiosity I checked the highlights MP3 from today's show. There
was one outake about cycling:

Why the hell would you listen to a loud-mouth moron like Mitchell? He's
even worse than Derryn Hynch.

--
Alan Erskine

Old July 17th 06, 12:05 PM posted to aus.bicycle
hemyd

"Euan" wrote in message
Out of curiosity I checked the highlights MP3 from today's show. There was
one outake about cycling:

Caller: Now I'm a sensible road user, I'm aware of cars but in five
minutes I've been nearly written off on three separate occasions and on
the return journey I had three car doors opened on me so how can you say
that normal motorists are considerate towards cyclists?

Neil Mitchell: Oh well it must have been your fault

Caller: Oh oh clearly must have been *chuckles*

Neil Mitchell: Well I tell you something,

Caller: *inaudible*when I had right of way?

Neil Mitchell: you must have done something wrong if in the space of five
(corrects himself) in a matter of minutes you've had six incidents.

Nice to have the media onside eh?
--
Cheers
Euan

Neil Mitchell is a rabid anti-cyclist. I gave up listening to the
opinionated so-and-so ages ago.

Henry.

Old July 17th 06, 12:08 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Gumby

Euan wrote:
Out of curiosity I checked the highlights MP3 from today's show. There
was one outake about cycling:

Caller: Now I'm a sensible road user, I'm aware of cars but in five
minutes I've been nearly written off on three separate occasions and on
the return journey I had three car doors opened on me so how can you say
that normal motorists are considerate towards cyclists?

Neil Mitchell: Oh well it must have been your fault

Caller: Oh oh clearly must have been *chuckles*

Neil Mitchell: Well I tell you something,

Caller: *inaudible*when I had right of way?

Neil Mitchell: you must have done something wrong if in the space of
five (corrects himself) in a matter of minutes you've had six incidents.

Nice to have the media onside eh?

That was five minutes you could have spent cleaning and lubing your
chain. Neil Mitchell!?
Old July 17th 06, 12:20 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Euan

Alan Erskine wrote:
"Euan" wrote in message
Out of curiosity I checked the highlights MP3 from today's show. There
was one outake about cycling:

Why the hell would you listen to a loud-mouth moron like Mitchell? He's
even worse than Derryn Hynch.

The ride home was a bit more hostile than usual. I was tooted for the
fourth time in three years and I was carved up a couple of times. I put
2 and 2 together and came up with `Neil Mitchell must be ranting about
cyclists again.'

When I got home I googled to find Neil Mitchell's page on the 3AW site
an found that there's a highlights MP3 each day, about two and a half
minutes worth, which is where I found that particular gem.

Depressingly it seems my arithmetic was spot on.
--
Cheers
Euan
Old July 17th 06, 12:25 PM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb

I'll have a seperate mp3 of Kneels talkbalk sess soon, the AGF ad's.
Just waiting for it to appear in my inbox..

--
cfsmtb

Old July 17th 06, 01:03 PM posted to aus.bicycle
persia

Euan wrote:

Nice to have the media onside eh?
--

Is your man Neil a fat *******? I suspect so & that would explain a
lot.

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Ciao

Persia

Old July 18th 06, 03:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Marx SS

I prefer a fast death to a slow decay.

--
Marx SS

Old July 18th 06, 03:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Resound

Euan Wrote:
[...]

Hmmm...now while I don't doubt that Mr. Mitchell has produced some
truly remarkable kneejerk tossery in the past, I'd be inclined to
suggest that if someone has three separate incidents that nearly wrote
them off in the space of five minutes then it actually probably *was*
their fault. I cover 150-200km per week and I have someone startle me
perhaps once every month or two. If you're being frightened every time
you go out, there's really only one common element.

--
Resound

Old July 18th 06, 05:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle
531Aussie

persia Wrote:
Is your man Neil a fat *******? I suspect so & that would explain a lot.he's not exactly a block of flats, but a few years ago he was deemed too

fat to participate in the celebrity grand prix!

I can't remember if this was for health reasons or he just didn't fit
in the harness properly

--
531Aussie