late june in CO?

Old May 15th 07, 06:47 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
William Pughe

Default late june in CO?

It's looking like this year's trip to CO is going to be happening a little
early this year, probably the last week in June. The one time I was riding
in Aspen in early June the riding was limited due to deep snow at altitude.
Any notions on snow depth in late June? Specifically, what are the odds
things like the 401 and Monarch are going to be doable then?

Thanks for any advice.

Will
Old May 15th 07, 06:52 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

William Pughe wrote:
It's looking like this year's trip to CO is going to be happening a little
early this year, probably the last week in June. The one time I was riding
in Aspen in early June the riding was limited due to deep snow at altitude.
Any notions on snow depth in late June? Specifically, what are the odds
things like the 401 and Monarch are going to be doable then?

Thanks for any advice.

Will

Matt can give you the skinny on Monarch. I can tell you that the drifts
at Vail Pass (11,000') have receded fast. Mid June should be ridable there.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old May 15th 07, 08:58 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
William Pughe wrote:

It's looking like this year's trip to CO is going to be happening a
little
early this year, probably the last week in June. The one time I was
riding
in Aspen in early June the riding was limited due to deep snow at
altitude.
Any notions on snow depth in late June? Specifically, what are the odds
things like the 401 and Monarch are going to be doable then?

Thanks for any advice.

Will

Matt can give you the skinny on Monarch. I can tell you that the drifts
at Vail Pass (11,000') have receded fast. Mid June should be ridable
there.

That's what Monarch is likely to be like too. Snowpack wasn't as deep
this year and the warm spring has been making things melt pretty fast.

Matt
Old May 16th 07, 03:29 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
William Pughe

MattB writes:

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
William Pughe wrote:

It's looking like this year's trip to CO is going to be happening a
little
early this year, probably the last week in June. The one time I
was riding
in Aspen in early June the riding was limited due to deep snow at
altitude.
Any notions on snow depth in late June? Specifically, what are the odds
things like the 401 and Monarch are going to be doable then?

Thanks for any advice.

Will

Matt can give you the skinny on Monarch. I can tell you that the
drifts at Vail Pass (11,000') have receded fast. Mid June should be
ridable there.

That's what Monarch is likely to be like too. Snowpack wasn't as deep
this year and the warm spring has been making things melt pretty fast.

Matt

Thanks for the info. A trip to CO without riding Monarch just wouldn't feel
right.

Will
Old May 16th 07, 11:25 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Shawn

William Pughe wrote:
MattB writes:

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
William Pughe wrote:

[...]

Hmm, maybe I should ride that some time...

Shawn
Old May 17th 07, 04:01 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Shawn wrote:
William Pughe wrote:

MattB writes:

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

William Pughe wrote:

[...]

I hear it's nice.

Matt
Old May 17th 07, 06:44 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

MattB wrote:
Shawn wrote:
William Pughe wrote:

MattB writes:

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

William Pughe wrote:

[...]

Really? I still don't know since it rains every time I attempt it.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old May 17th 07, 06:57 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
m...
MattB wrote:
Shawn wrote:
William Pughe wrote:

MattB writes:

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

William Pughe wrote:

[...]

I'd say let's set up a ride date for the weekend after next but like you
said......rain if we show up.

Gary

Old May 17th 07, 07:30 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

GeeDubb wrote:

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
m...
MattB wrote:
Shawn wrote:
William Pughe wrote:

MattB writes:

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

William Pughe wrote:

[...]

Plan it for the weekend 3 weeks from now but trick the weather by
showing up 2 weeks from now. Just keep it in your head that you're
actually going to do it 3 weeks ago, the weather will never know until
it's too late.

Greg
--
The ticket******* Tax Tracker:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html

Dethink to survive - Mclusky
Old May 17th 07, 10:41 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On May 16, 7:29 am, William Pughe wrote:
Thanks for the info. A trip to CO without riding Monarch just wouldn't feel
right.

Maybe to those who feel the need to ride the same trails over and
over. This is a good thing for those who like to escape the crowds
though.

JD

Tea Bag [bit late in the day] garryb59 UK 9 April 24th 06 08:56 AM
Too late to hire some help? Michael Press Racing 0 July 15th 05 02:30 AM
Heads up: Topeak's bikamper arrive in OZ late June Steve Australia 0 April 14th 05 01:18 PM
Too late? Heath General 47 August 23rd 04 06:37 PM
Re-bent! Before it's too late! Jon Senior UK 2 August 12th 04 11:55 PM