Team vs Strada

Old December 29th 03, 08:57 PM
mjbass

Default Team vs Strada

I am looking at both the Strada and the Team. I would appreciate an
input. I know both are good bikes and have their plusses and minuses.
would like to hear from Volae owners

Thank

-

Old December 29th 03, 11:28 PM
Robert Siegel

I've posted extensive reports in the last month on my new Volae team. So
have some others. Search the Yahoo Bacchetta forum, BROL forum and this NG.

--
Bob Siegel in Gainesville FL
"mjbass" wrote in message
. ..
I am looking at both the Strada and the Team. I would appreciate any
input. I know both are good bikes and have their plusses and minuses. I
would like to hear from Volae owners.

Thanks

MB

Old December 30th 03, 02:15 PM
Tom Blum

You DO realize that asking this question is like pouring gasoline on a
fire???

I haven't seen such rabid partisanship re. brands since my early days
reading this news group, when rans people were much more vehement about
being "the one, true BENT".

I , personally, ride a homebuilt high racer. As I ironed out the details of
the bike, I found myself favoring the details of the Volae. As to how the
two designs compare; I'd be surprised if there was any major difference.
IT'S THE MOTOR!!

For the average rider, components are for bragging rights. They don't have a
big effect on performance until you need to accellerate or climb a lot. Even
than, put a Lance Armstrong engine on the cheapest heaviest home built and
yourself on an Aero and guess who wins??? That said, the Alex rims and
Carbonfibre forks I have added to my HRC (High Racer Clone) did change the
ride favorable, I think.
Of course, having spent the money to upgrade, what was I going to think???
(It's called "cognitive disonance" in psych. circles. Your beliefs change to
support your actions)
. ..

Old December 30th 03, 05:29 PM
Robert Siegel

I own a Volae Team and twice test-rode a Corsa and Aero. I did not see much
difference. The Volae Team gives you more for your money than the Corsa or
Aero IF you value the high end components like Dura Ace, SRAM X, Spartacus
Pro ... and can live without the Aero's Titanium. Aero and Volae Team
weight are very close.
Volae Team is more adjustable than the Aero, which is set up by the dealer
for one rider, the buyer. Dealers must charge sales tax on the Bacchettas.
Hostel shop charges no sales tax but charges $80 for shipping. I found my
Volae's setup effortless.
--
Bob Siegel in Gainesville FL
"Tom Blum" wrote in message
news
[...]

. ..

Old December 30th 03, 10:37 PM
Ben Fox

Robert,
Normally I agree with most of what you say,but here goes; The difference
between the Volae Team and the Corsa, Both have carbon seats and forks, The
Volae has Dura-ace components, the Corsa has Ultegra, The Corsa has the
Terracycle tilt ,the best made IMO,I would give the nod on wheels to the
Team ,but not by much.
The Corsa has the FSA carbon crank ,the Team has Dura-ace,I give that to the
Corsa.
The brakes would go to the team since the front brake on the Corsa is
crap,which I've already changed to shimano.
The handlebars on the Team are kind of strange looking IMO.
Now since you were comparing buying from a dealer and paying sales tax or
buying from mail order and paying shipping, ,I bought my corsa from a LBS
and paid $2150. Rolf wanted $2995.for the Team. Is the Team worth almost
$850. more than a Corsa?
I say no.
Ben Fox
"Robert Siegel" wrote in message
I own a Volae Team and twice test-rode a Corsa and Aero. I did not see

much
difference. The Volae Team gives you more for your money than the Corsa

or
Aero IF you value the high end components like Dura Ace, SRAM X,

Spartacus
Pro ... and can live without the Aero's Titanium. Aero and Volae Team
weight are very close.
Volae Team is more adjustable than the Aero, which is set up by the dealer
for one rider, the buyer. Dealers must charge sales tax on the

Bacchettas.
Hostel shop charges no sales tax but charges $80 for shipping. I found my
Volae's setup effortless.
--
Bob Siegel in Gainesville FL
"Tom Blum" wrote in message
news
[...]

. ..

Old December 30th 03, 10:45 PM
Mikael Seierup

"Ben Fox" skrev...
The Corsa has the FSA carbon crank ,the Team has Dura-ace,I give that to the
Corsa.

Whats the advantage of FSA? Think I checked them out once and they were
heavier than the Dura-ace.

Mikael

History Lesson #63 for July newbies Ronde Champ Racing 0 July 16th 04 11:27 PM
TTT rules in the tour Richard Anderson Racing 14 July 7th 04 12:23 AM
TTT rules Ewoud Dronkert Racing 7 June 28th 04 12:10 PM
Ghent Six Day Excursion Ilan Vardi Racing 8 November 30th 03 09:03 PM