For sale: 2003 19" Trek 520 touring frame, Melbourne

Old September 7th 05, 08:31 AM
gescom

Default For sale: 2003 19" Trek 520 touring frame, Melbourne

I have a 2003 19" Trek 520 touring frame and fork for sale. Its a Cro-moly
steel frame handbuilt in the USA.

After riding it for a month or two I decided that I would be more suited
to a larger frame and consequently moved all the parts to another frame.

Basically the frame has been sitting wrapped up under the house for the
last two years. I originally thought that one day I would build it up for
my sister although just a few weeks ago she bought her own bike.

I can't show you pictures of the frame since I -still- have not bought a
digital camera however the frame can be seen he
http://www2.trekbikes.com/Bikes/arch...3/road/520.php . As you can
see in 2003 Trek designed the 520 with a slightly sloping top tube.

More importantly please study the geometry for the 19" Trek 520 he
http://www2.trekbikes.com/Bikes/Spec...0/Geometry.php .
Important as its frame and fork only, and of course no test rides are
possible. I guess it would suit a rider 5'9" and under in height.

More geometry info not included on Trek's site:

Headtube length: 9cm (12cm including Cane Creek headset)
Fork steerer length: 7.6cm (top of headset to top of steerer, uncut by me)
Actual top tube length: 53.5cm (54.5cm horizontal)

The frame and fork includes the installed (original) Cane Creek SC1
threadless headset, spacers (4cm in stacked height) and shim for a
handlebar stem (fork has a 1" steerer). A seat collar is also included.
The frame can accomodate front and rear pannier racks, mudguards and has 3
water bottle mounts. The downtube has stops/braze-ons so downtube shifters
or inline gear adjusters may be screwed on. Mountain bike hubs (135mm)
must be used with 700c rims for the rear frame spacing.

The paint (rainforest green) and Trek decals are in as new condition,
although I removed one 'frame size' sticker. The serial number is included
on the bottom. Please be aware that there are a few scratches on the
frame, most notably on the bottom inside of the front fork and two chips
in the paintwork about 5mm long on the right side rear triangle (caused by
leaning the bike when stationary).

I would prefer if the buyer could pick up the frame (I live in Melbourne,
western suburbs). If offered a decent price I may think about posting it
elsewhere, although to be honest would prefer not to.

I'm asking $350 or nearest, best offer. Please email me at
if your interested, thanks!