A cop when I needed one

Old February 26th 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default A cop when I needed one

Out running errands yesterday, and I had to cross a busy divided 4 lane.
Usually I can get across easy, but traffic was heavy so I went down to the 4
way intersection and waited at the light. I was headed west, and was second
in line. Light turned green, car ahead of me turned right, and one car
headed east turned left. I pedaled into the intersection going straight, and
a woman in a pickup turned left right in front of me. I had to get on the
brakes hard to avoid the hit, and actually had to dodge to the left to get
out of the middle of the intersection. The pickup driver yelled for me to
"get out of the road". I responded with a "learn how to drive". Then, the
Sheriff's Deputy DIRECTLY BEHIND HER turned on his lights and pulled her
over. :-) It was great.

Old February 26th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

That is awesome! I wish that happened more often!

Old February 26th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Mukedek" wrote in message
oups.com...
That is awesome! I wish that happened more often!

10 years ago I would have cussed her out and dented her door with my shoe.
Guess I've mellowed... :-)

Old February 26th 06, 04:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Gooserider" wrote: 10 years ago I would have cussed her out and dented her
door with my shoe.
Guess I've mellowed... :-)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Good thing. It would have made that cop's job much more complicated. and it
wouldn't have been to your benefit.

Old February 26th 06, 06:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Gooserider wrote:
Out running errands yesterday, and I had to cross a busy divided 4
lane. Usually I can get across easy, but traffic was heavy so I went
down to the 4 way intersection and waited at the light. I was headed
west, and was second in line. Light turned green, car ahead of me
turned right, and one car headed east turned left. I pedaled into the
intersection going straight, and a woman in a pickup turned left
right in front of me. I had to get on the brakes hard to avoid the
hit, and actually had to dodge to the left to get out of the middle
of the intersection. The pickup driver yelled for me to "get out of
the road". I responded with a "learn how to drive". Then, the
Sheriff's Deputy DIRECTLY BEHIND HER turned on his lights and pulled
her over. :-) It was great.

That's friggin' beautiful, man.

Bill "hope he wrote her up" S.

Old February 26th 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

"Gooserider" wrote: 10 years ago I would have cussed her out and dented
her door with my shoe.
Guess I've mellowed... :-)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Good thing. It would have made that cop's job much more complicated. and
it wouldn't have been to your benefit.

No but it would have been satisfying. :-)

Old February 26th 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Gooserider" wrote:

Out running errands yesterday, and I had to cross a busy divided 4 lane.
Usually I can get across easy, but traffic was heavy so I went down to the 4
way intersection and waited at the light. I was headed west, and was second
in line. Light turned green, car ahead of me turned right, and one car
headed east turned left. I pedaled into the intersection going straight, and
a woman in a pickup turned left right in front of me. I had to get on the
brakes hard to avoid the hit, and actually had to dodge to the left to get
out of the middle of the intersection. The pickup driver yelled for me to
"get out of the road". I responded with a "learn how to drive". Then, the
Sheriff's Deputy DIRECTLY BEHIND HER turned on his lights and pulled her
over. :-) It was great.

I think I'm gonna cry... ;-)

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame
Old February 26th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Gooserider" wrote in message
I pedaled into the intersection going straight, and a woman in a pickup
turned left right in front of me. I had to get on the brakes hard to avoid
the hit, and actually had to dodge to the left to get out of the middle of
the intersection. The pickup driver yelled for me to "get out of the
road". I responded with a "learn how to drive". Then, the Sheriff's Deputy
DIRECTLY BEHIND HER turned on his lights and pulled her over. :-) It was
great.

Good story. Did you stop to offer a witness statement? I would have more to
bask in the driver's comeuppance.

Women Racers Needed: Smethport, PA 53 Mile race 9/24/2005 [email protected] Racing 12 September 16th 05 03:02 AM
Muni advice needed unidaddy Unicycling 9 July 29th 05 05:16 AM
Investigating The Energy Needed to Stay in Balance UniBrier Unicycling 11 April 20th 05 04:21 PM
Needed Richard Thompson Marketplace 2 April 5th 04 07:40 PM
Help needed van Rossum UK 2 August 11th 03 05:34 PM